Feeder Driver CACH questions

Beau

I just passed my road test and filled out a bunch on online paperwork including I-9 form direct deposit tax forms, I have a Orientation date in a week I just want to know what to expect :
Will I be sent for training or will is be at CACH ?"
Will I be a spotter for a while ?
how does the pay progress I know it takes like 4 years to get to scale but what are the raises in between the 4 years ?
how do you actually know when your hired will it be at Orientation ?

I thank anyone who answers in advance and hope to be an asset to the community

Feeder665

Go big or go home!
Chances are if you’re hired after Oct. 1st you are going to be a seasonal. I can’t speak for CACH but it is a huge feeder training hub so I’d assume you’ll be trained there. Start date will be when the manager of your department calls you.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I just passed my road test and filled out a bunch on online paperwork including I-9 form direct deposit tax forms, I have a Orientation date in a week I just want to know what to expect :
how does the pay progress I know it takes like 4 years to get to scale but what are the raises in between the 4 years ?

@Beau : There are 2 different Teamster Locals splitting up jurisdiction at CACH. Which Local (705 or 710) did you sign a membership card for in that big stack of paperwork? If you will be Local 705, you'll be assigned 705's work; if 710, you'll be doing 710's work.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Brah, you’re seasonal wouldn’t worry to much about how long it takes to get to scale

ManInBrown

@Beau : There are 2 different Teamster Locals splitting up jurisdiction at CACH. Which Local (705 or 710) did you sign a membership card for in that big stack of paperwork? If you will be Local 705, you'll be assigned 705's work; if 710, you'll be doing 710's work.
This is interesting, never heard this. Why would there be two locals in one building?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
This is interesting, never heard this. Why would there be two locals in one building?

Local's 705 and 710 are not a part of the National contract. They have "stand alone" agreements.

Their language mirrors the NMA and supplements.... with minor tweaks. That's all.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
It had to have been a jurisdiction decision (a long time ago) (by the Joint Council?) between the 2 Locals. And it is only for 'feeders'.

<edit>The Chicago & Suburban/Exurban Area freight barns are also split jurisdiction (although not split exactly the same way). This is probably the precedent that led to this.

Last edited:

ManInBrown

It had to have been a jurisdiction decision (a long time ago) (by the Joint Council?) between the 2 Locals. And it is only for 'feeders'.

<edit>The Chicago & Suburban/Exurban Area freight barns are also split jurisdiction (although not split exactly the same way). This is probably the precedent that led to this.
Which is the better local? Pension, etc etc etc.

is there two different feeder schedules? Two different management teams? Two different vacation lists?

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Which is the better local? Pension, etc etc etc.
A: IIRC pension is a little better at 710. Overall top earning potential potential  was better with 710, but I haven't looked at the numbers since the company put us on 70 hours year-round.

is there two different feeder schedules? Two different management teams? Two different vacation lists?
A: Imagine a hub so big, they put a feeder department on one side of the building, and whole entire other feeder department on the other side of the building. So, yes, two separate seniority/vacation/schedule lists. Separate management teams, separate dispatch offices...

[That's CACH only, our normal sized hubs just have separate seniority/vacation/schedules under the purview of one management/dispatch team.]

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Hard to believe they wanted to negotiate their own contract...
Actually every local has different items included.
Like Local 25 has always allowed drivers to wear their uniforms home.
Dates back to decades ago, local officials wanted to know if UPS would be paying drivers to change on the clock.
UPS said no.

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊

It’s a simple mathematical formula…

YOU + UPS = SEASONAL
😂✊

2Down2Many2Go

A: IIRC pension is a little better at 710. Overall top earning potential potential  was better with 710, but I haven't looked at the numbers since the company put us on 70 hours year-round.

A: Imagine a hub so big, they put a feeder department on one side of the building, and whole entire other feeder department on the other side of the building. So, yes, two separate seniority/vacation/schedule lists. Separate management teams, separate dispatch offices...

[That's CACH only, our normal sized hubs just have separate seniority/vacation/schedules under the purview of one management/dispatch team.]
710 bottom Driver's are on call and barley work 5 days, 705 is guaranteed 8 hours a day.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Are sleepers associated with one local only or are members in both???