Feeder Driver CACH questions

ManInBrown

710 bottom Driver's are on call and barley work 5 days, 705 is guaranteed 8 hours a day.
Wow. That’s huge. How does the hiring work? Who decides what local each employee is in? Right there alone that makes 705 far superior. 177 you are also guaranteed a set weekly schedule, 8 hours per day. I couldn’t imagine being in a local where you are on call.

2Down2Many2Go

Wow. That’s huge. How does the hiring work? Who decides what local each employee is in? Right there alone that makes 705 far superior. 177 you are also guaranteed a set weekly schedule, 8 hours per day. I couldn’t imagine being in a local where you are on call.
Alot of drivers would rather be 705, but HR will trick off the street hires into 710 jobs, if you come from inside or package you're good 705

Basically 710 feeder drivers are mostly off the street drivers at CACH

Beau

@Beau : There are 2 different Teamster Locals splitting up jurisdiction at CACH. Which Local (705 or 710) did you sign a membership card for in that big stack of paperwork? If you will be Local 705, you'll be assigned 705's work; if 710, you'll be doing 710's work.
yes local 705

Beau

It had to have been a jurisdiction decision (a long time ago) (by the Joint Council?) between the 2 Locals. And it is only for 'feeders'.

<edit>The Chicago & Suburban/Exurban Area freight barns are also split jurisdiction (although not split exactly the same way). This is probably the precedent that led to this.
what I understand is that 705 is Feeder and 710 is sleeper

Beau

I was suppose to start Nov 13 now they say I have to wait until the hire the internal transfers first, IDK hope its soon and if Im seasonal well its the season already let get this show on the road

Beau

@Beau : There are 2 different Teamster Locals splitting up jurisdiction at CACH. Which Local (705 or 710) did you sign a membership card for in that big stack of paperwork? If you will be Local 705, you'll be assigned 705's work; if 710, you'll be doing 710's work.
BTW love the profile pic of Joey the Clown

Beau

I got an Email today they are not moving forward with my application I called them and they told me they filled the position with internal transfers and there are no longer any openings thanks for all the help and Info