Feeder hours ?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Just banged out 57 for the week, right in my wheel house :). But I'm sure if you tell them you don't want any OT you can just work 40.

finaddict

We just came off 3 years of 4/10's and unless you had 30 years or more, you didn't see overtime. Alot of us got used to that extra day off but missed the money. Hours depend on run, run depends on seniority. Most of our runs are 40-45hrs a week. A couple are over 50 hours.

Quigley

Since we got off the 4/10s we are running between 52 and 60 hours. A lot depends on weather and road conditions during the winter and then tripples the rest of the year.

bluebiker

Really all depends on where you work, a building with 2 or 3 feeder drivers, probably in the neighborhood of 55. A large building with 75-100+, senior drivers who want to can max out. Junior drivers or those who don't want to work a lot of hours can average 40-45. Where I am we have "8 and skate" jobs. The driver makes a run of about 150 miles each way, meals, returns and goes home. Maybe you get a little extra for road destruction or weather delays.
Some shifters get 60, some 8.

barnyard

KTM rider
In my building there are 4 jobs. 3 that are in the 50-60 hour a week range, depending on weather and pull times; the other is a daytime deliver, then pick up route and he works 45-50.

Rgt85

Guaranteed overtime if you want it. I just started and have been averaging 45-48 a week and that's with me trying to get out swiftly being that I would rather work less hours. You could easily come back and ask if there is anything extra to do. Not me though. 1k take home a week is good enough for me.

Rgt85

I'm no expert, but what I've heard is there is no 'production' on feeder drivers. So, just as long as you don't go over your 'DOT on the road' hours you can have as many as you want as long as there is work to do. But, I would agree that it may depend on the facility. I'm lucky to work at a fairly large facility.

QKRSTKR

And you say others need to tone it down. I guess The Great UpstateNYUPSer is free to say what he wants.
When you are on here before work, during work and after work and have no life, I guess it's "funny" to poke at others.

Our annual bid is this week. Lot of jobs have 9.5 to over 10 hours. Very few under 9 hours. I currently have a job under 9 hours but average 46-47 hours a week. Little extra work couple days a week goes a long way. If I want to skate like I did Saturday a.m. I can.