Firing process

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Rawrzxor, May 1, 2014.

1. Rawrzxor

Rawrzxor Member

(PT Loader) Is there a specific progression leading up to firing, or do they just say 'bye'.

Also, what is a 22.3 job?
  2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

For infractions other than those considered to be cardinal sins (dishonesty, theft, fighting), the company must use progressive discipline which, if uncorrected, could lead to termination.

22.3 jobs are basically two PT jobs combined in to one. They could both be inside jobs, outside jobs, or one of each, and are guaranteed 8 hours per day.
  3. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

UPS has changed the meaning of a cardinal sin so they can use that excuse in any case they want to interpret as a cardinal sin. The contract language is very vague on the definition which of course allows UPS flexibility and opportunity to abuse. There are definitely times when someone deserves to immediately be fired but I have seen others where it wasn't justified in my opinion.
  4. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Article 52 in NMA, read and become enlightened.
  5. Nimnim

Nimnim The Nim

If you get fired you know it. Else you know you're on the discipline progress. Either you're walked out, or you have a meeting with management and a steward and the steward should be able to explain the situation you're in better than us here.
  6. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

Keep your hands on the package,not in the package, greet the females with a friendly hello and not a slap on the arse and you should be fine here !!!
  7. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Yeah our BA always says its vague for a reason. Gives both sides wiggle room. If it was black and white there would be no defending the employee of a cardinal sin.
  8. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

Cardinals used to be quite specific in definition, right? Wasn't there a list?
  9. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

A short list I think but I don't remember the exact wording. Not quite specific but less vague than it is now.
  10. bleedinbrown58

I just remember they used to have a cardinal sin list posted years ago in the cafeteria...
  11. Now, anyting you do wrong.....they try to pull "failure to follow Instructions"
  12. bleedinbrown58

If insubordination were a cardinal sin...they would've marched my big mouth out of the building a long time
  13. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

A loader really has to work hard to get fired.
  14. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

A loader really has to work hard to get fired.
  15. bleedinbrown58

16. bleedinbrown58

I've been tryin for 8 years....they still won't! lol
  17. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Your building has a cafeteria?
  18. bleedinbrown58

Yes, sir.