Firing process

Rawrzxor

(PT Loader) Is there a specific progression leading up to firing, or do they just say 'bye'.

Also, what is a 22.3 job?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

For infractions other than those considered to be cardinal sins (dishonesty, theft, fighting), the company must use progressive discipline which, if uncorrected, could lead to termination.

22.3 jobs are basically two PT jobs combined in to one. They could both be inside jobs, outside jobs, or one of each, and are guaranteed 8 hours per day.

oldngray

nowhere special
UPS has changed the meaning of a cardinal sin so they can use that excuse in any case they want to interpret as a cardinal sin. The contract language is very vague on the definition which of course allows UPS flexibility and opportunity to abuse. There are definitely times when someone deserves to immediately be fired but I have seen others where it wasn't justified in my opinion.

Nimnim

The Nim
If you get fired you know it. Else you know you're on the discipline progress. Either you're walked out, or you have a meeting with management and a steward and the steward should be able to explain the situation you're in better than us here.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Keep your hands on the package,not in the package, greet the females with a friendly hello and not a slap on the arse and you should be fine here !!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
UPS has changed the meaning of a cardinal sin so they can use that excuse in any case they want to interpret as a cardinal sin. The contract language is very vague on the definition which of course allows UPS flexibility and opportunity to abuse. There are definitely times when someone deserves to immediately be fired but I have seen others where it wasn't justified in my opinion.
Yeah our BA always says its vague for a reason. Gives both sides wiggle room. If it was black and white there would be no defending the employee of a cardinal sin.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Cardinals used to be quite specific in definition, right? Wasn't there a list?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
2696331-1.jpg