First Overnight Scam.

SmithBarney

... A year later after a few months of no growth in FO our FO volume has now doubled over what it was 12 to 18 months ago. It's consistent. I'm glad to see it.

Because in PM areas, the only option customers have to get their packages before 4:30 is FO, they have no option. if you are a business in a PM area, and need something actually "overnight" and not by the end of the day, FO is the only option, so that is where the "volume" is coming from. Not that its a bad thing, but the only reason you are seeing volume is because FedEx is opening more areas to FO, and its a mostly good thing.. cept FedEx is fleecing these PM customers for the same $$ someone in a AM area gets.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Because in PM areas, the only option customers have to get their packages before 4:30 is FO, they have no option. if you are a business in a PM area, and need something actually "overnight" and not by the end of the day, FO is the only option, so that is where the "volume" is coming from. Not that its a bad thing, but the only reason you are seeing volume is because FedEx is opening more areas to FO, and its a mostly good thing.. cept FedEx is fleecing these PM customers for the same $$ someone in a AM area gets.

Really? I haven't seen an FO pkg addressed to a PM area in over a year, if ever. There's 1 or 2 to an AM area each month. I don't know about anywhere else, but that's the way it is in the stations I'm very familiar with.

SmithBarney

Well that is how our FO volume is growing. PM areas are opening up to FO. of course now our extended rtes have to drive past a lot of stops to Del FO first(even if it is late, it has to be first)

mitchel

Well that is how our FO volume is growing. PM areas are opening up to FO. of course now our extended rtes have to drive past a lot of stops to Del FO first(even if it is late, it has to be first)

thats not much different than in town routes having to deliver an express saver hold to a kinkos as his first stop, bypassing actual p1 paying customers. ive had to deliver it as first stop even though it wasnt due until the next day. apparantly its the same as international shipments...dosnt matter if its an xs, if it arrives at the station..still first delivery