Fitbit or any other fitness device?

djkre8r

Does anyone else use a fitness device like the Fitbit to track your daily steps/mileage? I borrowed a friend's Fitbit Flex to track how much I walk during a shift. In a 4 hour preload shift I have been averaging 6-8 miles while loading 4 package cars. Before I buy such a device - does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not that concerned with the calorie intake and such. I mainly want to keep up with my distance.
Also, any drivers use anything like this? I've just seen that my device does calculate some extra steps while driving my personal vehicle. Haven't had the chance to try using it while cover driving.

Nope, not interested in my personal fitness. The women talking about how sexy I am on route is good enough for me. And if I was to wear such a device it would probably be broken in the first week.

SafeYARDdog

I recommend you to buy misfit shine which is more durable.
It will warn you to decrease your activity after 2 days -tracking.:hang:

Wizzy

I just started using one called Orien. When linked with telematics it tells everyone but me what I did or didn't do but they're so concerned about me every morning we talk about its,

parcelboy

I like turtles.
I was actually wondering if anyone would make a serious response to this thread myself. I know that me and a lot of other people have been discussing which system to buy. They could be quite helpful in measuring your healthy activities, and if nothing else you could whip the :censored2: out of some mall walking dummy in a stats contest. :wheelchai

browntroll

i actually checked my phones built in app for this today, it says i did about 2.7 miles while i unloaded for 3.5 hours.
that distance also includes the going into the hub/work area and leaving hub.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Package car drivers walk miles each and every day and get paid for it. Try this: count your steps for 5 minutes, them multiply. You can get a good average.

Packmule

I've had one for a few weeks now. Registers about 30,000 steps a day and I'm extended. They register every motion of your arm, so you can be sitting at dinner and racking up steps. Pretty accurate on sleep patterns though.

HBGPreloader

Just for kicks and giggles and about a month before peak, I borrowed my spouse's pedometer and started wearing it to work.
I plugged in all the appropriate info and took it from there.
Before it broke, I learned that I averaged 20,292 steps per 4.24 hour shift. I walked an average of 9.57 miles while burning 787 calories and 86.88 grams of fat.
My longest day, according to the meter, was 4.75 hours, 26,973 steps and 12.7 miles while burning 1,033 calories and 114 grams of fat.

mdnj88

I've had one for a few weeks now. Registers about 30,000 steps a day and I'm extended. They register every motion of your arm, so you can be sitting at dinner and racking up steps. Pretty accurate on sleep patterns though.

This is the reason I got one. To track sleep patterns. What wrist do you wear it on? On the Fitbit flex you can change dominant wrist settings so it will be more accurate.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I had the up band and really enjoyed it. That thing really took a beating and kept on going. I use my phone for steps now. Average 10,000-13000 steps a day. When I was an hourly my best day was 32000.