Forget being replaced by flying drones

Tough Guy

They almost look like mini cylons. Strangely, They didn't mention anything about the automated self defense turrets that are built in to ward off would-be thieves.

margaritaville

All these ideas don't seem effective. Since we would have to re-do our air/road infrastructure. Those things would clog up bike lanes/roadways just like too many drones in the air would be annoying. The cities wouldn't wanna pay a ton of money to re-do everything for certain companies without a big payout.

I do have a decent idea to kill our job that wouldn't take up much air/road space. But i don't want to post it since i don't want to kill my job.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Even if they were somehow made "smart" enough to navigate all the obstacles we face on a daily basis, the problem of battery power is insurmountable. The most radically advanced battery technology we have today is still many generations behind what would be necessary to make robots of any kind a viable delivery system. Look at the size and weight of the battery pack on a forklift that moves pallets around in a flat warehouse and then try to imagine that amount of power being available to robots or a drone that might have to travel many miles to deliver a single package. The technology for such a battery simply isnt there.

CoolArrow

By the time robots and drones replace UPS drivers your grandchildren will be dead and gone. I'm more worried that the sun will burn out in about 5 billion years...what then??