UPS not delivering to Nantucket this summer

allahuakbar

She/Her
You never know. Ups probably makes no money off that island. Especially if there isn’t many pick up accounts. Better to leave the ball in Nantucket’s court. Ups can always say hey we missed the deadline but if Nantucket isn’t gonna let us on the ferry to deliver its Nantucket’s problem.

oldngray

nowhere special
There’s an island in Michigan that still uses horses to deliver packages in the summer.
ups macinac.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
An Island Sat Air Driver told me that he has a relative who lives near one of the busy summer towns.
Who lets him park at his place and he walks most of his load off.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
This story might be a new cost cutting method by UPS.
Let the other carriers handle the islands and see how their profit margins drop.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
There has always been issues of getting the work to the islands, storms, rough seas, heavy winds and fog are the major delay causes.
Just maybe UPS will be flying everything in direct to the islands.
There are plenty of airstrips on the mainland & islands in which to set up a system.
Who knows maybe the gov't is giving out new incentives for just this thing.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
A friend of mine used to deliver to Martha's Vineyard, he took the ferry over every day and UPS I believe had a lot over there , the Feeder Is unloaded by drivers and out into their brownies , the port authority drives feeder off and on to that ferry

PAS'd out

This ain't rocket science
Used to be you could count on this being some devious management scheme, now they are so clueless and incompetent that might actually be the more likely scenario.