foul play?

705red

Browncafe Steward
Thank you Red for reply

actually I am the senior emplyee in this instance. It is the junior employee trying to get out of his contractual agreement. which would make me the junior employee on the "forced" travel job. His seniorty has been increasing with package car time as well as mine is. our contract states again.....you need to work as a trailer driver for 2 years!!!!!!!!!!!
not a package car driver..........oh bty we dont have different classification seniorty lists here. your package car and feeder seniority dates are both in the same. sorry for the confusion
It was pretty obvious that you were the person getting the shaft. Are you saying that when you go from package car in to feeder that your seniority in feeder would not be at the bottom of the feeder list, but you would dovetail in where you package dates puts you?

I have been wrong before so please dont take what I say as the whole truth. I am speaking on how I understand it.

Here when we go to feeder from package we go to the bottom of the feeder seniority for bidding, but pick our vacations from our fulltime date. I assumed this was the practice everywhere.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It probably doesn't, but has now become "past practice".

After you take the school, you owe them 2 years. You made that deal. After one year, THEY cut routes and bump you back to Package. You are available to work Feeders for the two years, why is it your fault they sent you back? How long should this guy have to remain available to finish his two years?
You make the two year deal, two years later you're done.

I see your point tho, I will look at it sometime. I just don't think UPS should be able to hold this over you forever.

O'Brien tried to sell me out on this issue, so you might want to check that. When I tried going from inside to combo/air, while at top rate and out of progression, he said I had to start a new progression (go back in) for article 40. That may have been a personal side-deal with the comapny, and probaby wouldn't sell a feeder driver out like that, but that is what it was for me. Different classifications, however it has the same ring...