From The Chairman: The 10-Step Plan

SmithBarney

But they don't care who delivers it once it leaves the jet. Picking pkgs up and putting on the jet is another matter. To tell you the truth I'm surprised FedEx hasn't gone with contractors for delivery, but it probably would incur huge transition problems.
They have they are called Cartage agents... LOL and they make a killing off FedEx.... Now if FedEx implemented a bonus system for taking out more freight, we could reduce staffing probably 35-50%.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If you don't want your own idiocy thrown back in your face, stop posting such great quantities of it.

You're the idiot. Mr. Smith has proven over and over how important his precious RLA and Express Carrier Exemption are to him. He is not going to endanger them by introducing Ground non-employees into our supposed "airline". Never mind that at least 75% of FedEx Express employees have nothing to do with airline operations or ever set foot on airport property. The airline portion of operations is dwarfed by the delivery infrastructure. Express isn't really an airline at all, but a delivery service with an airline component...just like UPS.

When Smith bought Boeing 777s, he did it with a contract that allowed him to renege if any legislation was passed that made it easier for us to organize under the RLA. Why isn't UPS Airlines under the RLA, Dano? Why is FedEx so effing special that only they get the preferential deal that makes it nearly impossible to unionize?

vantexan

They have they are called Cartage agents... LOL and they make a killing off FedEx.... Now if FedEx implemented a bonus system for taking out more freight, we could reduce staffing probably 35-50%.
Haven't seen a cartage agent in awhile but using one or two for overflow is a bit different than an all contractor delivery force.

Star B

White Lightening
Why isn't UPS Airlines under the RLA, Dano? Why is FedEx so effing special that only they get the preferential deal that makes it nearly impossible to unionize?

UPS Airlines is under the RLA. United Parcel Service, Inc isnt. Federal Express started out as an airline with a little ground network. Unlike UPS, FedEx Express does not have a seperate 'airline' opco. Express IS the airline, hence why we are under the RLA.

Yes, Mr. Smith clings to the RLA like a child... but that's just so we can't unionize easy. It does not mean it's impossible though.

It's apparent that many of you haven't worked in the airline industry. The FAA doesn't care who loads the plane as long as they follow procedure.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
UPS Airlines is under the RLA. United Parcel Service, Inc isnt. Federal Express started out as an airline with a little ground network. Unlike UPS, FedEx Express does not have a seperate 'airline' opco. Express IS the airline, hence why we are under the RLA.
And Wells Fargo started out as a stagecoach operation.

Point is, time marches on, things change.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Yes, Mr. Smith clings to the RLA like a child... but that's just so we can't unionize easy. It does not mean it's impossible though.

It's apparent that many of you haven't worked in the airline industry. The FAA doesn't care who loads the plane as long as they follow procedure.

"Following procedure" means a SIDA badge or equivalent and status as an employee of someone who takes responsibility for and sponsors that employee. I guess my point about UPS Airlines was missed. Even if they are under the RLA (I have not checked so I'll take your word for it), there is a huge difference. All of Express is under the RLA, which is not the case at UPS. Why not make the entire UPS system RLA since air is mixed with ground?

In other words, Smith has a special deal.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It's McGruff, the FedEx crime dog. Lately you've really come after me, so I'm guessing whoever you report to has told you to try and discredit me. Good doggy.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.

59 Dano

You're the idiot. Mr. Smith has proven over and over how important his precious RLA and Express Carrier Exemption are to him. He is not going to endanger them by introducing Ground non-employees into our supposed "airline". Never mind that at least 75% of FedEx Express employees have nothing to do with airline operations or ever set foot on airport property. The airline portion of operations is dwarfed by the delivery infrastructure. Express isn't really an airline at all, but a delivery service with an airline component...just like UPS.

When Smith bought Boeing 777s, he did it with a contract that allowed him to renege if any legislation was passed that made it easier for us to organize under the RLA. Why isn't UPS Airlines under the RLA, Dano? Why is FedEx so effing special that only they get the preferential deal that makes it nearly impossible to unionize?

Still under the impression that repeating your nonsense over and over makes it true?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You're just in denial of the facts.

Then again you're being paid to do so.

Yes, he is. Anyone who thinks he's really an ops manager is delusional. R1a caught him posting on other sites with different usernames and we are all familiar with "Thunder".

Paid shill.

Meat

Yes, he is. Anyone who thinks he's really an ops manager is delusional. R1a caught him posting on other sites with different usernames and we are all familiar with "Thunder".

Paid shill.

To be honest with you, I'm not much into sporting events, but "come on man!"

Do you really think this cheap-ass company would pay a shill to troll these boards?

Do you really think your average Express employee isn't privy to the dead-end nature of the gig? Do you ever listen to the comments intentionally made within earshot of management during stretch-and-flex?

By the way, I was an investigator (briefly) prior to opening my deli, and based on the information you have provided about yourself - assuming it's not message board bravado - it wouldn't take much for the company to sniff you out if that was their intention. If you like, PM me and I will point out where you went wrong, but trust me, the company doesn't give a damn about you.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Do you really think this cheap-ass company would pay a shill to troll these boards?

Do you really think your average Express employee isn't privy to the dead-end nature of the gig? Do you ever listen to the comments intentionally made within earshot of management during stretch-and-flex?

By the way, I was an investigator (briefly) prior to opening my deli, and based on the information you have provided about yourself - assuming it's not message board bravado - it wouldn't take much for the company to sniff you out if that was their intention. If you like, PM me and I will point out where you went wrong, but trust me, the company doesn't give a damn about you.

A couple of things. Yes, FedEx absolutely would pay shills. Try posting something negative about FedEx on social media and "someone" will counter your experience with something positive about the company. We're not talking Dano here. His assignment is forums like BrownCafe and other sites where employees make negative comments. R1a caught "Thunder", but had also discovered Dano posting identical crap under different usernames at such sites.

I toss out enough red herrings here to sink a fishing trawler. Do you think I'm dumb enough to provide exact information? And, at this point I don't really care that much if they know who I am or not. They don't give a damn about anyone, much less me.

I appreciate your concern, but they wouldn't know who I am.

59 Dano

Paid shill.

Of all your vast illogical nonsense, that strikes me as the most illogical. I understand why you're a liar and so on, but I can't figure out why you think I'd create an alternate ID to argue with. Eh, crazy people.

I'd love to know what other sites I was posting on, and which names I used, because this is the only FDX site that I know of.

Last edited:

59 Dano

Oh, he likes to think of himself as an agent of change who leads the masses toward.... something. Once in a while, he'll notice the site count is up and you can almost hear him smacking his pud as he posts "MEMPHIS IS SCARED!!! SEE, THEY'RE MONITORING US NOW!!! THEY ARE SCARED!! THEY. ARE. SCAAAARED!!!" type of histrionics.

If you casually scroll through the board and read his "work," it's pretty clear. He's nuts.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Oh, he likes to think of himself as an agent of change who leads the masses toward.... something. Once in a while, he'll notice the site count is up and you can almost hear him smacking his pud as he posts "MEMPHIS IS SCARED!!! SEE, THEY'RE MONITORING US NOW!!! THEY ARE SCARED!! THEY. ARE. SCAAAARED!!!" type of histrionics.

If you casually scroll through the board and read his "work," it's pretty clear. He's nuts.

Yeah, I'm crazy. Obviously, you aren't going to admit your status as a paid agent of disinformation. R1a had you pegged, and it's obvious you're trying to squirm away from the fact that you're discredited here.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Yeah, I'm crazy. Obviously, you aren't going to admit your status as a paid agent of disinformation. R1a had you pegged, and it's obvious you're trying to squirm away from the fact that you're discredited here.
Dano thinks he has us buffaloed but he's about as beliveable as guaranteed Express top-out wage increases.