Ft. Hood

brett636

A log time ago, I was in a mall parking lot during Christmas and was waiting to get into a long line of traffic. As the cars moved forward, one allowed about 20 yards to open between him and the car in front of him. I took that to mean: "go ahead and get in front of me". As I moved forward the car sped up, horn blaring and two guys and a girl in the back seat pulled up alog side and started screaming and cursing at me. The passenger produced a machete and said he was gonna' cut my fu***** head off. I leaned over and produced my SIG 225, cocked it and drew a bead on his forehead and told him to hand me the machete grip-first.
I still use the machete to cut weeds in my yard.:thumbsup:
Awesome story!

brett636

Darnit, we should learn from you.
We could have gotten the crime rate even further down, if we would allow those great guns ! :

Canada's crime rate lowest in 25 years: StatsCan report

Offences down in every province, territory in 2006 but youth crime rate up by three per cent

Last Updated: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 | 1:47 PM ET

CBC News

Driven by a decline in non-violent felonies, Canada's crime rate reached a 25-year low in 2006, with every province and territory recording a drop, Statistics Canada said Wednesday.

Province/territory:Overall crime rate (per 100,000 population)
Change from 2005 (in %)National7,518 -3British Columbia 11,365 -5Alberta 9,523 -6Saskatchewan 13,711 -4Manitoba 11,678 -1Ontario 5,689 -2Quebec 5,909 -3New Brunswick 6,111 -5Nova Scotia 8,069 -2P.E.I. 6,793 -11Newfoundland and Labrador 6,055 -2Yukon 20,593 -9Northwest Territories 41,468 -5Nunavut 31,265 -11Source: Statistics Canada The overall crime rate was 7,518 per 100,000 people, down three per cent from 2005.

cgco_2008_004a-eng.gif

As for comparison, same year stats for the USA :

Murders, Robberies Drive Up U.S. Violent Crime Rate

June 04, 2007 by

Holly Desimone Holly Desimone

Crime Rate | Robberies | Violent Offenders | Violent Crime

Murders, robberies drive up U.S. violent crime rate
POSTED: 11:04 a.m. EDT, June 4, 2007
Story Highlights
• Violent crime up 1.3 percent in 2006, FBI reports
• Murders in big cities jumped 6.7 percent
• Robberies up 6.1 percent nationwide .
• More guns, gangs and younger, more violent offenders blamed for increase

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- More murders and robberies in 2006 sent U.S. violent crimes higher for the second straight year, the FBI said on Monday, with the increase blamed on gangs, youth violence, gun crimes and fewer police on beats.

The FBI reported that the number of violent crimes nationwide went up by 1.3 percent last year, following a 2.3 percent increase in 2005. That had been the first rise in four years and the biggest percentage gain in 15 years.

The report showed that murders in big cities jumped last year by 6.7 percent. Robberies, an important indicator of crime trends, increased 6 percent nationwide.
Http://www.gunfacts.info

Fact
: 60% of convicted felons admitted that they avoided committing crimes when they knew the victim was armed. 40% of convicted felons admitted that they avoided committing crimes when they thought the victim might be armed.172

Fact: Felons report that they avoid entering houses where people are at home because they fear being shot.173

Fact: 59% of the burglaries in Britain, which has tough gun control laws, are “hot burglaries”174 which are burglaries committed while the home is occupied by the owner/renter. By contrast, the U.S., with more lenient gun control laws, has a “hot burglary” rate of only 13%.175

Fact: Washington D.C. has essentially banned gun ownership since 1976 and has a murder rate of 56.9 per 100,000. Across the river in Arlington, Virginia, gun ownership is less restricted. There, the murder rate is just 1.6 per 100,000, less than three percent of the Washington, D.C. rate.176

Fact: 26% of all retail businesses report keeping a gun on the premises for crime control.177

Fact: In 1982, Kennesaw, GA passed a law requiring heads of households to keep at least one firearm in the house. The residential burglary rate dropped 89% the followingyear.178
Fact: A survey of felons revealed the following:179
• 74% of felons agreed that "one reason burglars avoid houses when people are at home is that they fear being shot during the crime."
• 57% of felons polled agreed, "criminals are more worried about meeting an armed victim than they are about running into the police."

Myth: Private guns are used to commit violent crimes
Fact: 90% of all violent crimes in the U.S. do not involve firearms of any type.180

172 Armed and Considered Dangerous: A Survey of Felons and Their Firearms, James Wright and Peter
Rossi, Aldine, 1986
173 Ibid
174 A “hot burglary” is when the burglar enters a home while the residents are there
175 Dr. Gary Kleck, Criminologist, Florida State University (1997) and Kopel (1992 and 1999)
176 Crime in the United States, FBI, 1998
177 Crime Against Small Business, U.S. Small Business Administration, Senate Document No. 91-14, 1969
178 Crime Control Through the Private Use of Armed Force, Dr. Gary Kleck, Social Problems, February
179 The Armed Criminal in America: A Survey of Incarcerated Felons, U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics
Federal Firearms Offenders study, 1997: National Institute of Justice, Research Report, July 1985,
Department of Justice
180 Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, 1998

Lue C Fur

Evil member

klein

Für Meno :)
Fact: Outlaw guns and the only people that will have guns is the outlaws.

True enough, that is how it is in the rest of the developed world.
But, they do get caught, and guns get repossessed.
It's a never ending process, but it does keep guns to a mininum.

Kinda like the drug laws.
It's just for the criminals and users.
But, if it wasn't in place , society would be worse off.

over9five

Staff member
This has to be the dumbest statement ever made since the freedom of speech was put into the bill of rights.

Remember the wild west?

:peaceful:

No. Do you???? I think you should stop watching those Westerns on TV and go back to Beck. Only an uninformed maroon would disagree with that statement. (By the way, what happened on Beck last night? I missed it, could ya fill me in?)

tieguy

Banned
This has to be the dumbest statement ever made since the freedom of speech was put into the bill of rights.

Remember the wild west?

I don't think anyone here personally remembers the wild west. :happy-very:

I can't imagine anyone surviving the wild west without guns to defend theirselves against outlaws, wild indians and various animal threats.

If we're rating dumb statements here you may have moved to the head of the pack. :peaceful:

D

Dis-organized Labor

If you keep going west, does it eventually become less wild, like crossing the International date line?

Channahon

Back to the tragic situation at Ft Hood. It seems to me that President Obama had more media coverage regarding the cop and professor - "let's have a beer" to ease race relations, than he has spoken out about this tragedy.

As the shooter is now refusing to talk with investigators, and more information is being discovered about his Muslim ties, the fact of the matter is, the shooter shouted "Allahu Akbar" and started shooting unarmed citizens of this country.
Just like this country lost unarmed citizens in 9/11.

I see this horrible incident as another terrorist attack on the people of the US. Although this incident doesn't appear to be a priority for the media or White House.

Just had to express my concern for this country, and the direction it may be going in the next 4 years. God Bless America

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Back to the tragic situation at Ft Hood. It "seems to me that President Obama had more media coverage regarding the cop and professor - "let's have a beer" to ease race relations, than he has spoken out about this tragedy."

I think the president was very clear in his remarks. He is waiting for ALL the information and investigating to be concluded, before he jumps to one like you guys have on this thread.

"As the shooter is now refusing to talk with investigators", and more information is being discovered about his Muslim ties, the fact of the matter is, the shooter shouted "Allahu Akbar" and started shooting unarmed citizens of this country.

When did this shooter lose his presumtion of innocence? When did he lose his rights as an american citizen? He has the right to an attorney, the right to remain silent and the right not to testify against himself. He may be guilty, but his rights cannot be taken away from him.

"Just like this country lost unarmed citizens in 9/11."
This country loses thousands of unarmed citizens each and every year in this country at the hands of AMERICANS with guns. Where is your outrage over that?

Why is it that thousands of AMERICANS can be killed by AMERICANS with handguns over the years and none of you make a sound, yet one AMERICAN, who practices the muslim faith kills 12 and you all want blood?

"I see this horrible incident as another terrorist attack on the people of the US. Although this incident doesn't appear to be a priority for the media or White House."
Maybe because they dont have the desire to be inflamed by a cable news network or a political party? Maybe they just want to stick to the facts of the case instead of trying to blame all muslims for this act. Maybe, they are trying to be responsible and let the justice system do its job instead of forming lynching parties.

Just had to express my concern for this country, and the direction it may be going in the next 4 years. God Bless America

Last edited by a moderator:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
No. Do you???? I think you should stop watching those Westerns on TV and go back to Beck. Only an uninformed maroon would disagree with that statement. (By the way, what happened on Beck last night? I missed it, could ya fill me in?)

9FIVE,

where do you believe GUN CONTROL began?

If you knew anything about american history, you would know that GUN CONTROL began at the end of the wild west era.

Random killings, gunfights and homocides were widespread across many states at the time. Town by town, gun controls were adopted to curb the violence of the time.

We are no different today.

Thousands of people are killed in this country by guns and the people who own them.

More guns on our streets does not make us safer, it makes it more dangerous.

Maybe youre not aware of crossfire? How about innocent bystanders hit by flying lead?

Maybe your just silly enough to believe only gun owners have magic aiming skills and can only kill the "bad guys"?

Either way, history is repeating itself.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/politics/A-Disconnected-President.html
Updated 2:56 PM CST, Fri, Nov 6, 2009

92808551.jpg

President Obama didn't wait long after Tuesday's devastating elections to give critics another reason to question his leadership, but this time the subject matter was more grim than a pair of governorships.
After news broke out of the shooting at the Fort Hood Army post in Texas, the nation watched in horror as the toll of dead and injured climbed. The White House was notified immediately and by late afternoon, word went out that the president would speak about the incident prior to a previously scheduled appearance. At about 5 p.m., cable stations went to the president. The situation called for not only his trademark eloquence, but also grace and perspective.
But instead of a somber chief executive offering reassuring words and expressions of sympathy and compassion, viewers saw a wildly disconnected and inappropriately light president.[/QUOTE]

Funny how history escapes you Babaganoush.

On the morning of 911, President Bush, sat in a classroom looking like a complete idiot, even after hearing a second plane flew into the world trade center.

Not only did he sit there for 7 MINUTES looking stupid, once he did manage to get out of the chair he was sitting on, he was quickly rushed to air force one to hide for the day.

He did not address the country for hours to attempt to demonstrate he was in charge.

Now you want to criticise president OBAMA for waiting 3 minutes into a planned speech before making the "transition" to the events of Ft. Hood??

I find it amuzing how hard the right wing nuts are reaching for ways to find fault with OBAMA to make him look dumber than BUSH.

Thats a steep hill to climb my friend.

Thanks for failing in your efforts.

Here's a reminder for you just in case you forgot how stupid BUSH was.
[video=youtube;5WztB6HzXxI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WztB6HzXxI[/video]

Babagounj

Strength through joy
TOS so let's use your logic in comparing Bush's response vs. barry's lack of response.

So you think that Bush should have upset all those school kids who have been waiting weeks for him to read to them just to make a public statement about an attack .

Vs.

barry who had all the facts before he went in front of the cameras , but chose to make jokes and give a "shout out " to someone who was not A Congressional Medal of Honor. And after 2-3 minutes get to his point.

ps Bush went to Fort Hood, but keep his visit quiet.
Unlike barry who never misses a photo op.

island1fox

9FIVE,

where do you believe GUN CONTROL began?

If you knew anything about american history, you would know that GUN CONTROL began at the end of the wild west era.

Random killings, gunfights and homocides were widespread across many states at the time. Town by town, gun controls were adopted to curb the violence of the time.

We are no different today.

Thousands of people are killed in this country by guns and the people who own them.

More guns on our streets does not make us safer, it makes it more dangerous.

Maybe youre not aware of crossfire? How about innocent bystanders hit by flying lead?

Maybe your just silly enough to believe only gun owners have magic aiming skills and can only kill the "bad guys"?

Either way, history is repeating itself.

Hey other side,
I truly do not wish any harm to you and your family ---but I hope you never have to face the situation that I did with my wife in a very deserted downtown garage after dinner and theatre. We left at intermission --no one was around except a group of four thugs ---as they demanded our money and eyed my wife ---SMITH AND WESSOM --was with me --they ran. I hope you would never have to witness anyone you love --be raped or murdered in front of your eyes --with you being unable to stop it.

Liberals always scream about their right to kill innocent babies --ABORTION --their right to choose ---
Well my right to choose is I carry --lawfully-trained and very capable.
You can choose not to carry !! Do not take away my right !!!!

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, either way.
Either the American people are one the most gun violent people on the planet.
Or, it just because of the amount of guns they have (A record on earth - 90 guns per 100 households).

Here are some facts about Japan :

Gun control in Japan is the most stringent in the democratic world. The weapons law begins by stating 'No-one shall possess a fire-arm or fire-arms or a sword or swords', and very few exceptions are allowed. Gun ownership is minuscule, and so is gun crime.
In Japan Gun crime does exist, but in very low numbers. There were only 30 crimes committed in 1989 with shotguns or air rifles.

Tokyo is the safest major city in the world. Only 59,000 licensed gun owners live in Tokyo. Per one million inhabitants, Tokyo has 40 reported muggings a year; New York has 11,000. The handgun murder rate is at least 200 times higher in America than Japan.
Robbery is almost as rare as murder. Indeed, armed robbery and murder are both so rare that they usually make the national news, regardless of where they occur. Japan's robbery rate is 1.4 per 100,000 inhabitants. The reported American rate is 220.9.
People walk anywhere in Japan at night, and carry large sums of cash.

Source: http://www.guncite.com/journals/dkjgc.html

D

Dis-organized Labor

TOS so let's use your logic in comparing Bush's response vs. barry's lack of response.

So you think that Bush should have upset all those school kids who have been waiting weeks for him to read to them just to make a public statement about an attack .

Vs.

barry who had all the facts before he went in front of the cameras , but chose to make jokes and give a "shout out " to someone who was not A Congressional Medal of Honor. And after 2-3 minutes get to his point.

ps Bush went to Fort Hood, but keep his visit quiet.
Unlike barry who never misses a photo op.

I agree completely. The situation that Bush was in was real time & on camera. He did not have the luxury of collecting his thoughts, getting advice, etc.
Barry is a joke.