FT sup retaliates against gf of person who wrote grievance.

Overpaid Union Thug

There is a simple solution to this problem. SUPERVISORS......STOP WORKING! No contract violations = no grievances! Why is that so hard to understand. Girlfriend or not this guy had ever right to file and had every right to suspect retaliation. Its a real shame, and quite pathetic, that anyone would attempt to make him out to be the bad guy here. I would expect it from members of the management side of the house that occupies this board (seeing how they probably have no respect for the contract in their own shops) and even from certain hourlies here that seem to think they know it all and are so perfect that they have to be so condescending towards everyone else. Doesn't matter though. A contract violation is a contract violation no matter how much spin you people create.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
What is so hard to understandabout what the contract states, "supervisors should not do work." Their job is to supervise. Sups that get called for this and make targets and retaliate against the people who reported them are goons .Not only that but if true the sup that would pick on the guys gf because of the greivance is a coward and not deserving of his position.I hope people like this are not part of those "who created the company".

22.34life

Here's the deal either stop filing greivances or dump your girlfriend. You brought the unwanted attention on yourself. You sound like you are young, there are plenty of fish in the sea.

I've seen this picture 1,000 times. She couldn't unload, your building needs the people, so they throw her on recycle duty. Gives her something to do and she can't really screw anything up that way.

The other possibility is that you are imagining all this.

Your girlfriend might have brought this unwanted attention on herself since we already discussed she was a bad employee. So the other scenario is you filed greivances and your girlfriends is worthless, maybe that is why you are both being targeted.

Either way all your headaches started when you began filing greivances. Don't file greivances and the headaches go away.

hey look socks is back.

22.34life

I've already decided that if it keeps up I will file for retaliation, and try to get her to file for harassment, I much prefer to talk to people first which is why I went to the sort manager first. It's easier on everyone if a few words are said and it's the end instead of tons of paperwork and things being on file for all to see.

it will be extremly hard to prove the retaliation,its not happening to you but your girlfriend.you have to prove that the friend/t sup knew she was your girlfriend then that he intentionally came after her to get back at you.most women that work at ups are not the best at the job to begin with,no offense to any women out their but its just the facts,so if she is a littly slower and not the best loader the action by the friend/t sup will look justified.another thing is that the grievance will begin to look very much like highschool kid drama and that will not help your case.im not saying i dont believe that this is happening, in fact i have no doubt it is but its not what you know, its what you can prove.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The union has you where they want you. You're now in a full fledged pissing contest with management the guys that created the company that employs you. So here you are with your stomach in a knot, going through a lot of stress, trying to convince your girlfriend to throw herself on the grenade to help your cause. Now both you and your girlfriend are a target. Meanwhile your business agent is eating prime rib on members money and wheeling and dealing with the company. The good news is when you both get fired one of you will get your jobs back due to the wheeling and dealing.

I know I'll get shot for this but I cant believe so many of you bright talented people let a few goons steer you into risking your livelyhood. In comabt the point man is often the first one to catch a bullet.

The "guys" who started this company is someone named jim casey, who actually cared about his employees from all the accounts that I have read. Some very good reading is found in the ups policy book about treatment of employees and general business conduct that jim wrote about. I can remember a time when the ol' policy book was dusted off and the center manager would read something from it, havent heard anything from it in many years...sad considering many of the main principles of ups are in that book, and it doesnt matter what time era we're talking about the book has relevance.

Nimnim

The Nim
i'm not saying i dont believe that this is happening, in fact i have no doubt it is but its not what you know, its what you can prove.

Exactly, which is why it took so long for me to be able to do anything since I didn't actually witness anything.

At this rate everything might just kinda go away because all the sups on my shift have been told twice in their meetings that multiple hourlies are keeping an eye out, and while I don't think all work has stopped, they're at least doing so little it's not worth the time to write a grievance. It's been 2 weeks since I wrote one on a sup working, scratch that 1 week but they showed me evidence to support their excuse so I withdrew, and if this keeps up I won't be filing again. Our start times aren't quite as late, 5-10 minutes earlier, and people are getting more time again. I never started writing to get paid, it was to make a point. If my point is made I don't have a reason to file anymore.

Also, everyone knows me and my gf are together, she's been working at UPS 4 years now and while we don't show any real affection at work, separate work and personal, it's common knowledge to anyone who works around either of us.

Nimnim

The Nim
Yes you should do that, I think you need to see for yourself that the retalliation greivance is a JOKE.....

As abrasive as you are, we do see things alike. But creating a paper trail no matter how futile at the time, can only help in the long run with some things.

As I've said before, I much prefer to talk with people before getting all the paperwork involved, but when talks fail, the following paperwork just adds to the fun.

brownman15

The "guys" who started this company is someone named jim casey, who actually cared about his employees from all the accounts that I have read. Some very good reading is found in the ups policy book about treatment of employees and general business conduct that jim wrote about. I can remember a time when the ol' policy book was dusted off and the center manager would read something from it, havent heard anything from it in many years...sad considering many of the main principles of ups are in that book, and it doesnt matter what time era we're talking about the book has relevance.

there is a no retaliation policy in the ups policy book

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Your issues with the sup are between you and the sup. The issues between the sup and your GF are between the sup and your GF. She has the same rights as a union member as you do, and its her battle to fight not yours. Its fine to care about her and to offer her emotional support, but it is none of your business to get directly involved.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is why for the longest time UPS did not allow family members to work at UPS unless their shift was not adjacent to one another. That has since been relaxed. Sober said it right--you deal with your issue and let her deal with hers.

UPSSOCKS

This is why for the longest time UPS did not allow family members to work at UPS unless their shift was not adjacent to one another. That has since been relaxed. Sober said it right--you deal with your issue and let her deal with hers.

Actually this isn't why but, nice try

tieguy

Banned
The "guys" who started this company is someone named jim casey, who actually cared about his employees from all the accounts that I have read. Some very good reading is found in the ups policy book about treatment of employees and general business conduct that jim wrote aboqut. I can remember a time when the ol' policy book was dusted off and the center manager would read something from it, havent heard anything from it in many years...sad considering many of the main principles of ups are in that book, and it doesnt matter what time era we're talking about the book has relevance.

I guess the point I was making in the post you quoted but did not really think about is where is the steward and business agent that should be the ones fighting this battle. Instead you put Nim and his girlfriend up as possible casualties in this little pissing contest.

If want to raise company principles then tell me where the principles are in serving up Nim and his girl.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Taking Care of the Customer.....Whatever it takes; regardless of Union/Non-Union.....Isn't that it???The differientation between UPS and Others????

jalnar

Document everytning Have her carry a little note pad and after every incident write all proper information including date time location and if possible WITNESSES. The person most prepared with information usually wins. Is the sup male or female? If you have to use the trump card(you know what I mean) so do it. They will only go after the weak.You tell the sup on the side if he wants a fight lets rock.

UPSSOCKS

Document everytning Have her carry a little note pad and after every incident write all proper information including date time location and if possible WITNESSES. The person most prepared with information usually wins. Is the sup male or female? If you have to use the trump card(you know what I mean) so do it. They will only go after the weak.You tell the sup on the side if he wants a fight lets rock.

Another one...... Where did you come from.. Another know it all, that really knows nothing.. Witnesses.... At any given moment I have five union workers that will sign and swear to anything I say... Witnesses are worthless.... both sides know that.....

deleted9

Here's the deal either stop filing greivances or dump your girlfriend. You brought the unwanted attention on yourself. You sound like you are young, there are plenty of fish in the sea.

I've seen this picture 1,000 times. She couldn't unload, your building needs the people, so they throw her on recycle duty. Gives her something to do and she can't really screw anything up that way.

The other possibility is that you are imagining all this.

Your girlfriend might have brought this unwanted attention on herself since we already discussed she was a bad employee. So the other scenario is you filed greivances and your girlfriends is worthless, maybe that is why you are both being targeted.

Either way all your headaches started when you began filing greivances. Don't file greivances and the headaches go away.

If a supervisor is doing hourly work that means they are not doing their job which is to supervise. On that sort they have a person in a position to do recycles, thats crazy, it seems that the hourly people are not doing their jobs, if they were there would be no need for a person to recycle the try agains( try again to get it right), Sounds like the supervisors and manager on that sort would do better with there time to hold the hourly people accountable.

bham brown

Another one...... Where did you come from.. Another know it all, that really knows nothing.. Witnesses.... At any given moment I have five union workers that will sign and swear to anything I say... Witnesses are worthless.... both sides know that.....

Witnesses may be worthless at times. But voice recorders reveal it all. Never leave home without it.