Gardening, landscaping and yard work

island1fox

It is a proven fact that all time spent in your garden does not count towards your total lifespan.

sober,
There are always exceptions to every rule.
I have been retired for a number of years now. During the winters -I hate it --but use a treadmill and weights at least a few times a week --really dislike this and the time goes so slowly.I usually put on five to seven pounds during the winter.

When spring arrives -I have seven acres -with four being "landcaped" Between digging and planting trees--building water features or rock Islands ---I usually "work" -which feels like play about four hours per day --Monday -Friday.

I enjoy the time outside --drop the winter weight and have maintained my pre-retirement -six two --180 pound frame.

I tell my wife when we get a little older --seventies -OR eighties ---we will move into a -non work condominium--I do not really like golf or tennis and I am to old to play a good game of softball---the danger will be sitting around all day drinking Martinis and eating --I know my Garden "play" is extending my years !!:wink2:

oldngray

nowhere special
Its a LOT more fun to work in garden than use exercise machine. To me working outside doesn't feel like exercise but when the weather is bad I am forced to use the boring elliptical machine which does feel like work.

pretender

Its awesome to finally have enough time to really take care of my yard instead of just doing the bare minimum.

It is nice to not have to prioritize what has to be done, and what can wait until the following week--especially when the days begin to get shorter in August. When I was still working, I would go out in the morning and do easy jobs like pruning and deadheading, before leaving the house.

pretender

What is it about yard work that causes a love hate relationship with our yards?[/QUOTE]

1) The personal satisfaction when you get it just right. 2) You never get it just right...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What is it about yard work that causes a love hate relationship with our yards?

1) The personal satisfaction when you get it just right. 2) You never get it just right...[/QUOTE]

If I don't have to do anything to it, it is just right.
​No one sees my yard except us and the UPS person.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Here's some of my handy work. Critique away, but please be gentle.
image.jpg
image.jpg

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Geraniums look really healthy.....portulaca ? too.
The paver work is gorgeous.......you do good work!!
Thank you, I know a few plants but had to look up the portulaca. I honestly don't know. Just something I picked up.
Does look like it though