Gated yard parcel box ideas

qdg2

We just installed an automatic gate and fence for our front yard. We've ordered a poly parcel box to mount on the INSIDE of the fence. I've seen stickers that say "parcels" or UPS/Fed-Ex/Amazon packages here etc.

Plan is to make the top/lid level with the top rail of the fence for easy deposit. Anyone experience this as a delivery person or homeowner?

BTW, we installed the fence to keep out solicitors and the Amazon folks. Even with a National complaint....Amazon stills pulls down my driveway and makes 12 point turns to leave or simply backs into the grass. We live on a secluded cul-de-sac in a semi-country setting. A few weeks ago our vehicle was pilfered(yes, it was unlocked)(found a change wallet in the yard). Sheriff has a good idea that it is a very local, even a neighbor kid doing it.....cars only. BTW, the hope is he's caught before he gets shot(a very real possibility around here). They have video surveillance of a hooded thief but not a clear face. Cameras being installed.....here.

DriverNerd

I get those boxes all the time. As long as it's easy to get to I use them any time I have a delivery that fits in them. Will you have a way to contact you for signature required packages? I have one delivery with a huge gate and their contact button doesn't work. Every signature required box goes Not In 3. Is this a solid fence or can you see through it? If you have a 'beware of dog' sign I won't even reach over the fence.

qdg2

I get those boxes all the time. As long as it's easy to get to I use them any time I have a delivery that fits in them. Will you have a way to contact you for signature required packages? I have one delivery with a huge gate and their contact button doesn't work. Every signature required box goes Not In 3. Is this a solid fence or can you see through it? If you have a 'beware of dog' sign I won't even reach over the fence.
We rarely get sig. required. Rarely. A delivery notice by the postal lady or anyone else will get some sort of special treatment. Hasn't happened yet. I will say this, if you NI3 me without trying 3 attempts and return my pkg.....you will get a national complaint....guaranteed. I would bitch very loudly. We have see-thru no-climb wire fencing on iron pipe. Commonly called hogwire but smaller in square size. Honestly, it will be easier to chuck the package over the fence true. But just slightly less onerous to lift the lid and drop in the box. Out of the weather and secure. If it doesn't fit, dropping on the other side would be fine. Whoever would steal it would have to climb the fence and be seen by the whole neighborhood. Again this is for solicitors and Amazon. I hate both with a passion.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
We rarely get sig. required. Rarely. A delivery notice by the postal lady or anyone else will get some sort of special treatment. Hasn't happened yet. I will say this, if you NI3 me without trying 3 attempts and return my pkg.....you will get a national complaint....guaranteed. I would bitch very loudly. We have see-thru no-climb wire fencing on iron pipe. Commonly called hogwire but smaller in square size. Honestly, it will be easier to chuck the package over the fence true. But just slightly less onerous to lift the lid and drop in the box. Out of the weather and secure. If it doesn't fit, dropping on the other side would be fine. Whoever would steal it would have to climb the fence and be seen by the whole neighborhood. Again this is for solicitors and Amazon. I hate both with a passion.

Machine gun nests next ?

DriverNerd

If they are not giving you three attempts they deserve the complaint. It's not difficult to walk up to a fence three days in a row.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Machine gun nests next ?
Are you envisioning this sort of setup also lol

1688784462774.jpeg

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
1688796357451.jpeg

Thebrownblob

Interesting....

I politely asked the Amazon driver(s) to stay out of my driveway, asked corporate to make a note for deliveries.......so, after sustaining damage to my property by Amazon and Corporate refusing to fix it.......there ya go.

I don't have to take it.
Amazon has so many different contractors and segments. I have no idea if they would even get that message to anyone delivering to your property. Not to mention, it’s never the same person delivering.

The problem could be very easily solved by you and not order from Amazon.

If it was FedEx or UPS, that would be a little more difficult since many different companies use them

qdg2

Amazon has so many different contractors and segments. I have no idea if they would even get that message to anyone delivering to your property. Not to mention, it’s never the same person delivering.

The problem could be very easily solved by you and not order from Amazon.

If it was FedEx or UPS, that would be a little more difficult since many different companies use them
Actually, Amazon has a message on their drivers delivery devices to not drive in my driveway. This has been confirmed by the drivers. Most say "oh, I just saw it...." meaning they don't pay attention to much of anything. Which is obvious watching them deliver. I won't try to explain what talking to customer service was like. They could care less if they rut your yard, break a sprinkler head or mark your driveway with 12 point turns.

BTW, I shouldn't have to solve anything......my driveway is my personal property and I didn't invite anyone to drive on it. Period. Private property. BTW.....the "problem" is "solved".

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Actually, Amazon has a message on their drivers delivery devices to not drive in my driveway. This has been confirmed by the drivers. Most say "oh, I just saw it...." meaning they don't pay attention to much of anything. Which is obvious watching them deliver. I won't try to explain what talking to customer service was like. They could care less if they rut your yard, break a sprinkler head or mark your driveway with 12 point turns.

BTW, I shouldn't have to solve anything......my driveway is my personal property and I didn't invite anyone to drive on it. Period. Private property. BTW.....the "problem" is "solved".
When I say, "oh I just saw it", that means, "oh, I just saw it." UPS info on stop doesn't populate until you open the stop.

Thebrownblob

Depending on what you order, you might have a blue van or you might have a passenger car and it’s not even coming from the same building.

When you ordered something you invited them on your property BTW. Whether or not they pay attention to a message not to drive on your driveway is a different story, but go ahead and keep ordering from them and complaining sure most of the time they’re going to do whatever the hell they want because those drivers don’t care what you think, and they certainly don’t care if I get in trouble for fire when the can go make $20 an hour anywhere else

Coldworld

60 months and counting
+

Nope. Doesn't look that way at all.

Nice actually.

But your vicious hatred, jealousy and internet bullying would conjure such an image. And the personal attack.
Nobody holds any jealousy towards you here… not sure why you would say that. Playing the victim all the time gets old. You haven’t been paying attention if you think you’re the only one that gets razzed in here..we all do.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Drama

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They call me a fat blob, very hurtful.
I have gotten drama and victim vibes from him from day one…he was always bitching about something work related (got news for him, we all get frustrated with this job) and now since he’s retired, he now has to play the “get off my lawn” badass…the drama continues. And news flash, everyone on here gets sht on now and then, it’s a bunch of truck drivers/warehouse people ages 18-80…not sure why anyone would think any differently?? Let the drama continue..