Get ready for Amazon's Prime Day - July 11th

Is anything that people order at midnight going to arrive in time for preload? Does it depend if there's an amazon warehouse near you? I know they don't grab it off a shelf and air force it on over.. but just curious if I'm walking into work in the morning to find all hell broke loose.

I was told to expect and plan for overtime all week in preload and to expect to be called for 3.5-5h evening freight.

DOK

A little off topic, have you noticed the we're getting a ton of large packages coming through? Seems like more than normal recently.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Guess Amazon is having a tough time getting their stuff delivered after Prime day.
Talked with an Amazon/Uber driver yesterday. At 8am they were offering $20/hr to peddle their packages. Offer went up to $40/hr at 10am. Then at noon the offer increased to $70/hr and he jumped in.

Had 3 trailers left at 9am. Started at 2am. We were slated for 19k (12-14k average) and then got two package cars and two more trailers thrown at us. They were all irregs and over 100s. I've never seen so much stuff stacked outside cars. Not even the past few seasonal gigs. Drivers are just now leaving and there was a trailer of bags drivers were scanning. Holy moly guacamole!

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Had 3 trailers left at 9am. Started at 2am. We were slated for 19k (12-14k average) and then got two package cars and two more trailers thrown at us. They were all irregs and over 100s. I've never seen so much stuff stacked outside cars. Not even the past few seasonal gigs. Drivers are just now leaving and there was a trailer of bags drivers were scanning. Holy moly guacamole!
r u on the west coast

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Guess Amazon is having a tough time getting their stuff delivered after Prime day.
Talked with an Amazon/Uber driver yesterday. At 8am they were offering $20/hr to peddle their packages. Offer went up to $40/hr at 10am. Then at noon the offer increased to $70/hr and he jumped in.
Wait til peak season.