GFT process hearings

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
how does the gft process work? I am just wondering if we are even allowed to record the hearing process just to protect the employees

No, not officially. If you find an unofficial way to record it, FedEx will not listen to it or act upon it in any way. At least not officially. It won't help you in the GFT process.

FWIW, I made a recording of a nice big conversation with an EVP, an MD, a senior, an HR rep, and one or two others while I was on the business end of their most laughable and ridiculous wagon-circling CYA endeavor after I got some sex I didn't ask for. It's pretty funny.

The recording of the conversation, that is. Not the screwing I took. Unless you don't like me, then I guess it IS pretty funny.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
how does the gft process work? I am just wondering if we are even allowed to record the hearing process just to protect the employees

No recordings allowed. The GFT process is a complete fraud, and is supposed to be the FedEx version of Weingarten Rights. Not even close. FedEx is basically allowing you the opportunity to incriminate yourself through your own statements. You know, all of the ones you have to write? Anyway, these are run past FedEx Legal, and if you can be fired, you most likely will be fired. It's best to have an attorney up front if you're talking a job loss situation. If you're just arguing policy over a route bid or something similar, no lawyer necessary.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
No, not officially. If you find an unofficial way to record it, FedEx will not listen to it or act upon it in any way. At least not officially. It won't help you in the GFT process.

FWIW, I made a recording of a nice big conversation with an EVP, an MD, a senior, an HR rep, and one or two others while I was on the business end of their most laughable and ridiculous wagon-circling CYA endeavor after I got some sex I didn't ask for. It's pretty funny.

The recording of the conversation, that is. Not the screwing I took. Unless you don't like me, then I guess it IS pretty funny.
I would have loved to have heard that. I'm always up for a good laugh, especially when it's comes as a result of someone else's stupidity. Lol.

l22

No recordings allowed. The GFT process is a complete fraud, and is supposed to be the FedEx version of Weingarten Rights. Not even close. FedEx is basically allowing you the opportunity to incriminate yourself through your own statements. You know, all of the ones you have to write? Anyway, these are run past FedEx Legal, and if you can be fired, you most likely will be fired. It's best to have an attorney up front if you're talking a job loss situation. If you're just arguing policy over a route bid or something similar, no lawyer necessary.

Not saying you're allowed to record and not saying it will help you in the company's process as I am unfamiliar with it, but it never hurts to record meetings like the one you describe, regardless of the company.

Last edited:

l22

FedEx is basically allowing you the opportunity to incriminate yourself through your own statements. You know, all of the ones you have to write? Anyway, these are run past FedEx Legal, and if you can be fired, you most likely will be fired.

If you go through the process, it is best to come with a pre-written statement (ideally, one that has been looked over by an attorney). All you should do is just read the statement out loud. If you are asked any questions, you can choose whether you want to answer them or not. It's most likely not in your best interest to answer any additional questions.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If you go through the process, it is best to come with a pre-written statement (ideally, one that has been looked over by an attorney). All you should do is just read the statement out loud. If you are asked any questions, you can choose whether you want to answer them or not. It's most likely not in your best interest to answer any additional questions.

Agreed. Don't play the FedEx game.

59 Dano

I would have loved to have heard that. I'm always up for a good laugh, especially when it's comes as a result of someone else's stupidity. Lol.

Long story short...

A case of measure twice, cut once. They didn't (or maybe they did, who knows?) and came back with a vague policy to justify what they ended up doing and some incredible nonsense as to why it happened in the first place. They didn't make me bear the full brunt of their bungling, which was all the proof I needed that I'd gotten reamed. Had they been in the right, they wouldn't have cut me any slack. At the end they asked me if I had anything else to say, and all I could say was it was amazing how all of them (except the EVP) had their hands over something that went so wrong, yet it was the fault of no one. Though it didn't stop them from acting like I should feel guilty about it.

As I said, they knew it was a load of crap, I knew it, and they knew I knew it. On the brighter side, I can talk about them like dogs by stating exactly what happened and they can't do much of anything about it.

59 Dano

Oh good grief. Doing that will ensure that you aren't taken seriously and that you won't have a snowball's chance.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Long story short...

A case of measure twice, cut once. They didn't (or maybe they did, who knows?) and came back with a vague policy to justify what they ended up doing and some incredible nonsense as to why it happened in the first place. They didn't make me bear the full brunt of their bungling, which was all the proof I needed that I'd gotten reamed. Had they been in the right, they wouldn't have cut me any slack. At the end they asked me if I had anything else to say, and all I could say was it was amazing how all of them (except the EVP) had their hands over something that went so wrong, yet it was the fault of no one. Though it didn't stop them from acting like I should feel guilty about it.

As I said, they knew it was a load of crap, I knew it, and they knew I knew it. On the brighter side, I can talk about them like dogs by stating exactly what happened and they can't do much of anything about it.
Victory against "the machine" is a glorious thing. Lol.

59 Dano

They probably tried to make you feel like they were doing you a favor by going easy on you didn't they?

Couldn't really "go easy" on me as it wasn't a disciplinary issue, but the EVP said that legal was contacted to confirm that they could do a couple of favors for me. That translates to legal saying they'd better do something for me because I have a decent lawsuit against them.

SmithBarney

I record everything spoken to me from anyone higher than me... mostly so I can remember what they've told me... I'm old and have a very bad memory.