Gob Smacking Stupidity

MassWineGuy

A guy at our station did something unbelievably stupid, got caught and was fired. He’s 60, a former lawyer and was just waiting for an ops manager slot to open. Nice guy, smart (or so it seemed).

Apparently, he used his company gas card several times to gas up his own car. Management went to the gas station, looked at the surveillance videos and had him dead to rights.

Everyone is pretty stunned. I can’t imagine that he thought he’d never get caught. I don’t understand why some people believe that and do such dumb things.

Mutineer

A guy at our station did something unbelievably stupid, got caught and was fired. He’s 60, a former lawyer and was just waiting for an ops manager slot to open. Nice guy, smart (or so it seemed).

Apparently, he used his company gas card several times to gas up his own car. Management went to the gas station, looked at the surveillance videos and had him dead to rights.

Everyone is pretty stunned. I can’t imagine that he thought he’d never get caught. I don’t understand why some people believe that and do such dumb things.

For some people, theft is very exciting. Also a lack of capacity to feel shame.

The upside that such personalities exist is they make me look good.

People like that aren't necessarily stupid. They just have a screw loose.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Lawyer to fedex driver would make it seem like he made some other poor decisions in his life.
A very good point. And, "waiting for an ops manager spot". But he was dishonest, a key requirement for FedEx management. Perhaps they'll realize their error and bring him back.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Everyone knows you siphon out the petro. Don't go crazy, two to 3 gallons a day keeps you under the radar.

HedleyLamarr

Someone at our station got fired for this about a year ago. She used the card on a Sunday which made it kinda obvious.

dezguy

Everyone knows you siphon out the petro. Don't go crazy, two to 3 gallons a day keeps you under the radar.
Worked with a guy who would bring a Jerry can with him. Would do exactly that, pump an extra 2-3 litres in per fill up. Still works for FedEx to this day.

AB831

Worked with a guy who would bring a Jerry can with him. Would do exactly that, pump an extra 2-3 litres in per fill up. Still works for FedEx to this day.
Where would he stash it though? I feel like it’s going to be pretty obvious if you stop at your pick up truck every day to drop off a gas can

AB831

Well considering some of the more notorious posters on here flat out make things up to sound important, I wouldn’t be surprised whatsoever if that “former lawyer” is a fictional title he gave himself.

bacha29

Well considering some of the more notorious posters on here flat out make things up to sound important, I wouldn’t be surprised whatsoever if that “former lawyer” is a fictional title he gave himself.
He may have very well been at one time a lawyer but if there was in the past an established pattern of conduct similar to what he's alleged to have done here.....he may have lost his law license.