Going Postal

LKLND3380

The Violence in the Workplace training is very comprehesive and and takes at least 1/2 day. The Threat Response Team role is, if a catastrophic event occurred, to provide all resources necessary to bring the workplace back to normal.

Bring the work place back to normal to get the sort running ASAP... Pay no attention to the body blocking the egress, just be aware of your surroundings so you do not trip...

Raw

Raw Member
Post office employees have a high percentage of ex-military with cases of post-traumatic stress syndrome disorder.:sad:

25yrvet

In our small ctr 2 self inflicted incidents happened approx 6 & 7 months ago.
#1 -- Driver pretrips his truck & pulls it out of the bldg, he then makes a weak attempt at slashing his wrists in the truck while in the parkinglot. He gets hauled to the hospital--there's blood all over the cab of the truck. Mgt calls in another driver to take the load out. This wounded driver was bothered in part by the huge dispatch on his rt everyday.

2# -- One month later another driver makes a weak attempt at slashing his throat on area.

I know these sound pretty bizzare, and I still shake my head when I think of both incidents, but there have been some big changes in morale & attitudes at the ctr the past 3 years.
IS THIS THE NEW CENTER OF THE FUTURE?

Raw

Raw Member
In our small ctr 2 self inflicted incidents happened approx 6 & 7 months ago.
#1 -- Driver pretrips his truck & pulls it out of the bldg, he then makes a weak attempt at slashing his wrists in the truck while in the parkinglot. He gets hauled to the hospital--there's blood all over the cab of the truck. Mgt calls in another driver to take the load out. This wounded driver was bothered in part by the huge dispatch on his rt everyday.

2# -- One month later another driver makes a weak attempt at slashing his throat on area.

I know these sound pretty bizzare, and I still shake my head when I think of both incidents, but there have been some big changes in morale & attitudes at the ctr the past 3 years.
IS THIS THE NEW CENTER OF THE FUTURE?
They should get fired for destoying UPS property- themselves on the clock! :lol:

Channahon

Bring the work place back to normal to get the sort running ASAP... Pay no attention to the body blocking the egress, just be aware of your surroundings so you do not trip...

I should have stated getting the place running normal again, by addressing employee needs and getting them ready. Counseling if needed individually or groups.

You see sometimes the violence in the workplace, has a terrifying effect on people. Like if you were sitting in an office environment and a person came in and started threatening or shooting people.

As far as getting the operation back, that will happen when the people are ready to go back to work.

Luckily, UPS has never had this occur, but in today's world, one never knows.

Brownnblue

The Violence in the Workplace training is very comprehesive and and takes at least 1/2 day. The Threat Response Team role is, if a catastrophic event occurred, to provide all resources necessary to bring the workplace back to normal.

Training that takes 1/2 day? At UPS? Someone does more than watch a five minute video at a PCM before going out to a package car with an eleven hour dispatch?

Really?

UPSTeamster542

The fact that we have to pass through a metal detector and open up our lunch boxes for the guard might have a little something to do with it too...

:gun_banda:2guns::gunsmilie:death:

I bring a backpack to work and i dont have to show the guard whats in my backpack goin into work, so there is a possibility of someone bringing a gun or shooting up the place.

area43

I assume working at usps, Is like being in a co ed prison yard, with the sups being the guards and not many liscense plates are being made.

UPS Lifer

Bottom Line - Employees that work at UPS have many avenues to voice concerns. Why do people go "postal"? Nobody is listenng and nobody cares and some folks snap from the frustration. At UPS there is always someone who will listen or show empathy with the situation. Most of the time that is all that is needed to keep people from snapping. It does not mean that things have changed...but it does mean that person does not feel all alone and knows there is an avenue to go for help and support.

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
i don't know about your hood but where i'm from, the postman doesn't even speak english. so much for voice their concerns huh..........

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The Post Office does have a lot of problems with their employees. They have a lot of way over-dispatching problems because of chronic absenteeism. The other carriers have to take up the slack. I have seven of them on my route and I know them on a first name basis. Quite a few did their twenty in the military and are still on the government payroll.

tups

Bunch of us my center could go "parcel" or postal if those idiots at night keep putting PAL labels on top of the 1Z barcodes!!!!! We're coming for ya!!!!!!

area43

Bunch of us my center could go "parcel" or postal if those idiots at night keep putting PAL labels on top of the 1Z barcodes!!!!! We're coming for ya!!!!!!
I agree, our center at one time was using magic markers to show that the pkg had been scanned. The pt, would in alot of cases mark the bar scan diagnolly. The type of markers they used would not let you scan the bar. Really was annoying, it just goes to show, some top brass saved a nickel on a marker, but ended up costing UPS thousands in labor. ps there are markers out there that will avoid this problem. lol

hoser

Industrial Slob
There are UPS's in northern Canada?? there's life in northern Canada?? lol..........just kidding.............
i say the exact same thing. except the 'just kidding' part

I bring a backpack to work and i dont have to show the guard whats in my backpack goin into work, so there is a possibility of someone bringing a gun or shooting up the place.
well there's a possibility that someone can come in with a shot gun, shoot the security guard, then shoot 10 other people. normally people that shoot up places aren't very balanced, so they likely won't bother trying to conceal/get away with a firearms offense.

over9five

Staff member
"...trying to conceal/get away with a firearms offense."

Yup, it would suck to get a firearms infraction in addition to the ten murder charges....!

HazMatMan

I would say poster Dis In Franchised would be a very good candidate to "going postal" read some of his posts and you'll see why....:ohmy: