Got my ballot

bumped

well all i can make sense is i see it say part time raise so thats a yes for me. i could care less about retirees as im not that age yet so could care less

One day you may be close to a retiree, and guess what? Some other snot nosed kid won't give a :censored2: about you.

DiligentUPSer

well all i can make sense is i see it say part time raise so thats a yes for me. i could care less about retirees as im not that age yet so could care less

Don't be so sure that you'll be getting those raises. See Article 34 - Section 4, Subsection 1. Your raise(s) could be diverted to the pension fund to help out those retirees you don't care about (wouldn't that be ironic). Your raises could also be lost to bail out the healthcare fund.

balland chain

What is everyone voting? I really see no reason to vote no... but ive only been working at UPS for 9 months and this is my first union job so i dont really understand fully the ins and outs of the contract

HotPepper, ask some senior drivers what they think about this TA... Too bad you can not get in contact with some retirees who will now be forced to pay more for their insurance.. You will be a retiree one day.. Also, read pages 4 & 5 section 3 about being injured on the job...Read article 37, this is very gray language.. If your worried, Or MGMT has told you that you will not have a job if this contract does not pass, (they did that every contract year at my building) they UPS & Union have plenty of time to work out a BETTER deal.. As the other post have stated, do some homework, read the TA and your supplement.. If the language seems foggy, it is that way for a reason,, TO BENEFIT THE COMPANY !! It is your right to vote the way you choose to, but make an educated decision.. OH, when I started in 1988,, the benefits were this 20 25 30 in and out at any age, free insurance... That's what it was, now you see that you must be of certain age to retire or you will be penalized ... Each contract we have lost something, and this one is no different... I have voted NO on both TA and my supplement, I have 26 years in and have watched our contracts get worse and worse.. Now with the technology that UPS has, we need iron clad protection against glitches in their system... My job was threatened, when my manager said I was on property but the computer in the tractor said I was on road....With this language, I would recommend getting a small camera like the ones security wears and record your whole day.. I can not remember the name of the unit, I need to call my Police Captain friend to get the name of it... She recommend that I wear one to cover my ass. And I plan to do just that when I get off workers comp... They are very small and just clip on to your shirt pocket, and they are not too expensive considering what cold be lost,, your job !!

S

serenity now

....... regardless of how you vote, how many believe that the actual counting of the ballots will be a trustworthy process?

over9five

Staff member
Got my ballot today. Opened it up, and it has already been checked "Yes". Shouldn't I have been able to decide, or does the union do that?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Got my ballot today. Opened it up, and it has already been checked "Yes". Shouldn't I have been able to decide, or does the union do that?

Jr. knows whats best for you and has already taken care of it. I wonder if he takes cash or prefers a cashier's check from UPS.

Indecisi0n

This is my first contract and I find myself spending a lot of time trying to decide how I want to vote. Then I thought to myself, how much does my vote really matter? Can the union over turn a voted no if it wanted ?

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Mine just came. Although many of the changes don't directly affect me (aside from healthcare, I'm still in the company plan), I find myself leaning towards a no vote.

One thing in particular I strongly dislike is the wage progression for new FT'ers. I was once a newbie too, and while some scale of progression is certainly fair, pushing it to 48 months in the master (up from 36) is insane. That's 4 years! I made top rate in only 2 1/2 years. And there is no raise for new drivers in the first 12 months, either.

When I made my book back in '03, I think I got something like a $1.40/hr raise starting on the 31st day.

I guess above anything, i'll have a difficult time looking a new guy in the face thinking to myself that I voted in favor of this ridiculous progression when he's here to take work off of me at 7:00 PM and 88 degrees outside.

I just don't know.

over9five

Staff member
Mine just came. Although many of the changes don't directly affect me (aside from healthcare, I'm still in the company plan), I find myself leaning towards a no vote. One thing in particular I strongly dislike is the wage progression for new FT'ers. I was once a newbie too, and while some scale of progression is certainly fair, pushing it to 48 months in the master (up from 36) is insane. That's 4 years! I made top rate in only 2 1/2 years. And there is no raise for new drivers in the first 12 months, either. When I made my book back in '03, I think I got something like a $1.40/hr raise starting on the 31st day. I guess above anything, i'll have a difficult time looking a new guy in the face thinking to myself that I voted in favor of this ridiculous progression when he's here to take work off of me at 7:00 PM and 88 degrees outside. I just don't know.

​Agreed, that progression thing makes me absolutely sick.