Ground to absorb Express

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
If they were in business as the largest air freight company for 40 years, if they were competitive with FedEx to the point that FedEx recognized that they were a serious competitor, then they were a threat to FedEx dominating the overnight market. You keep talking about the 90's. They were bought out in '89. Different management, different focus, not the same company except in name. So yeah, you are playing fast and loose with the facts to win an argument. Unless you're older than you let on you weren't there listening to mgrs talk about them.

I gave you all sorts of readily available specific information about the company as it existed from its entry into the small package segment in the 70s until its exit from that segment in the 90s. You told me about a poster you saw and what your manager told you.

Emery was just another company that wanted to be a player in the small package business and found out that it couldn't do it. I don't know why it's so important to you to present them as a bigger deal than they ever were. I don't know why you think I care how much of a threat they were (or, as is the case, they weren't).

59 Dano

Emery was indeed a threat. Guess it was before your time. The market was spread out among 4 companies before UPS entered the overnight market.

When Emery "was a threat," Federal Express was seeing unprecedented gains in market share, package volume, and revenue.

Since when does a company have to make money to be a threat. What about the years FDX lost money. Was it not a threat those years?

You mean in the first three years? No, it wasn't much of a threat considering that it was the only overnight express company at the time.

Oldfart

I gave you all sorts of readily available specific information about the company as it existed from its entry into the small package segment in the 70s until its exit from that segment in the 90s. You told me about a poster you saw and what your manager told you.

Emery was just another company that wanted to be a player in the small package business and found out that it couldn't do it. I don't know why it's so important to you to present them as a bigger deal than they ever were. I don't know why you think I care how much of a threat they were (or, as is the case, they weren't).
Not sure why you insist on acting like you know everything. You were not even around and you still spew garbage with opinions that just aren't correct. Move on bubba. You are wrong AGAIN. Bummer

59 Dano

Not sure why you insist on acting like you know everything. You were not even around and you still spew garbage with opinions that just aren't correct. Move on bubba. You are wrong AGAIN. Bummer

LOL!!! What happened in the past is not my opinion, Bubba, it's what happened.

Now, if you'd like to argue the facts of the issue -- go ahead. There's a first time for everything.

Oldfart

LOL!!! What happened in the past is not my opinion, Bubba, it's what happened.

Now, if you'd like to argue the facts of the issue -- go ahead. There's a first time for everything.
The fact is Emery and Purolator were in Fdx minds in the old days. Airborne to an extent. Emery drivers were Teamsters if I remember correctly and the company had a solid plan and a good operation. Nice vans and very professional stations. Things went south and the rest is history. If you know the facts as they happened in the late 70's and early 80's, were you there? I bet not. You can do like bacha and wiki all your facts. I prefer first hand experience. Sorry bubba. You were and still are wrong. And that is not the first time for that. Bummer. Doesn't your shift at Wendys start pretty soon?

59 Dano

The fact is Emery and Purolator were in Fdx minds in the old days. Airborne to an extent. Emery drivers were Teamsters if I remember correctly and the company had a solid plan and a good operation. Nice vans and very professional stations. Things went south and the rest is history.

ROTFLMAO!!!

If you know the facts as they happened in the late 70's and early 80's, were you there? I bet not. You can do like bacha and wiki all your facts. I prefer first hand experience. Sorry bubba. You were and still are wrong. And that is not the first time for that. Bummer. Doesn't your shift at Wendys start pretty soon?

LOL, "I was there!! I remember!! I don't care what the facts are!! THEY HAD NICE VANS!!!"

59 Dano

Sorry. Didn't realize you were in station operations in the 70's.

It's like a guy who finds out that the Steelers scout the Browns, study the video, and develop a game plan and thinks that the Browns must really be a good team to get in the Steelers' heads like that... AND THE VANS WERE NICE!!!!