Grounds growth

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by prodriver, Apr 23, 2014.

1. prodriver

prodriver Guest

The sky seems to be the limit for ground with new terminals going up all across the country and volume growing at leaps and bounds. Even brown knows we've got a big piece of the pie now. The naysayers have to admit ground is here to stay.

2. Mr. 7

Mr. 7 The monkey on the left.

Name three places where new terminals are going up.

3. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

Google search fedex ground and check the news. Pretty easy to find.

Sent using BrownCafe App

4. DRAisawesome

DRAisawesome Active Member

We will see if the ground drivers salaries go up around the country and grow as fast as ground is. I bet they will. That's how that model works.

5. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

Yes, because this is a people first company.;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. thedownhillEXPRESS

thedownhillEXPRESS Well-Known Member

Great,all new slave labor across the country!Good job creating poverty Fred!

7. prodriver

prodriver Guest

A contractor in my building recently got an express driver to come on board as his route manager, times they are changing.

8. prodriver

prodriver Guest

Several things have to be working with the model or the doors would have closed a long time ago instead the model is doing just the opposite-growing not staying at current clip but growing. There has been very few people leave this year so the money must not be as bad as some would like to believe.

9. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

The majority leaving my building have been leaving because they get fired. Few quitting.

Sent using BrownCafe App

10. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

To be a manager is one thing but I have yet to see a driver leave Express to Ground to drive.

11. prodriver

prodriver Guest

I haven't seen that either, the guy he hired is running his overflow and getting routes setup etc. But he's not running nowhere close to a full route.

12. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Ground is here to stay as long as the ISP/IC scam business model survives. Without WalMart wages, there would be a big problem. Just like WalMart...subsidized labor for Mr. Smith.

13. Slick silver

Slick silver Active Member

Just like all transportation companies the rates will start to climb. When drivers start to demand more money and contractors start demanding more money to run there routes, the system will begin to crumble. It's only a matter of time.

Sent using BrownCafe App

14. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

The business model is sound and makes a lot of sense. I do agree that the wages need to be addressed.

This will not happen until the demand for qualified applicants exceeds the supply.

15. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

I had a Ground route owner ask me to leave Express to drive for him. I laughed pretty hard as I walked away.

16. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I encountered an Express driver who must have been a former Ground employee yesterday. He parked on the wrong side of the street and left the engine running while making his delivery. He then continued down the street, turned around and went back down the street past the point where he had parked illegally. Why didn't he do the turn around before making the delivery?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

we have a new one (3 times current size) going up right now.

18. 59 Dano

59 Dano Well-Known Member

Ocala, FL
    Menomonee Falls, WI
    Louisville, KY (applying for permits, approvals, etc)

19. Serf

Serf Active Member

Old heads at my station are of the mindset that 1) Ground will be the ones funding the pensions they have accumulated (because they make the most $ for FedEx) and 2) Express will eventually only be responsible for P1 freight. Shifting everything else to ground. Shrinking it to the smallest and most profitable it can possibly be in the future.

20. Route 66

Route 66 Flacid Member

I think I know who that guy is - call sign: 'Maverick'. I once saw him in a 4g inverted dive with a MiG-28 going the wrong direction on a one-way street with his courier shorts on backwards and his fly down going mach2 with his (pubic) hair on fire. He's dangerous, but if I were a courier he could be my wingman any day.