H1N1/Swine Flu What are You Doing to Protect Yourself?

outta hours

I Know as delivery drivers the interaction with the general public is high. What are you doing to protect yourselves from this virus? Is your management team addressing the issue or ignoring it?

As a feeder driver cover driver without an assigned tractor, I always have Lysol or Clorox and wipe down each tractor I use. I will get the vaccine when it becomes available next month. Stay safe out there.

whiskey

I Know as delivery drivers the interaction with the general public is high. What are you doing to protect yourselves from this virus? Is your management team addressing the issue or ignoring it?

As a feeder driver cover driver without an assigned tractor, I always have Lysol or Clorox and wipe down each tractor I use. I will get the vaccine when it becomes available next month. Stay safe out there.
On average, each day,70 of my customers will handle the same plastic pen to sign for their product.

things2auction

From the looks of things the swine flu is no different than the regular flu (symptoms and mortality rate), so I wont be doing anything except for washing my hands a little more often than normal during flu season.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
There is more hype around about H1N1 and its possible effects along with stories about possible government plots.
What is known is that for someone over the age of thirty, you really don't have to have the "cure", your body already has been exposed to many similar outbreaks and has survived. So for me no extra shots this year. I think that until more is known about what a shot could really do to you, one should stay away from needles.
Please check out the governments estimates of possible deaths, the numbers just don't seem to add up correctly. The southern hemisphere just went thru their flu season and very few died.

Washu234

The majority of my stops seem to have those little bottles of hand sanitizer put out for others, so I use them as often as possible.

Other then that - I've become more aware of washing my hands before eating anything (even the candy I get thrown at me everyday).

Good luck out there!

christian c

nothing at all. bird flu, swine flu, SARS whatever it is this year.... we are far more likely to die at work walking on a belt or driving a package car, or just crossing a street. Catching a virus is a risk we all accept by participating in society.

klein

Für Meno :)
I'll be sleeping in 1 of those body bags, health Canada, sent to Natives.
If, I don't wake up, atleast I'll be ``Ready to go `` .:knockedout:

Washu234

I too worry about the vaccine. I keep thinking of Raccoon City and the premise for I am Legend. I think I will forgo the miracle swine flu drug.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I wear gloves every day all year no matter what. That's my miracle. I can handle the diad over and over after sickies and rarely have any significant bugs usually.

NHDRVR

Gloves, sanitizer, and (I hate to admit this) a can of Lysol in my backpack. I try to stay as healthy as I can and at the building there are far too many people that come in contact with your equipment (ahem)...

klein

Für Meno :)
im doing the exact same thing i did for sars, mad cow disease, salmonella outbreaks and killer bees

nothing

Madcow disease, the very first outbreak... I didn't let that pass me by..
Went out bought the best roasts and steaks for $1.00 a lb !
Man, did I ever eat good !
Home cooked Roast beef was cheaper then any kind of lunchen meat !
Even cheaper then bologne !

My slowcooker was used often ! :)

City Driver

people get so worried about things, theres millions of people dead in africa from aids and were over here worried about a flu

the media spreads it so much its almost pop culture diseases

helenofcalifornia

I already had it. Any kind of flu one gets in the summer is more than likely "swine" flu. And I had the flu this past summer. (And I know the difference between a cold and the flu) What I can tell you is that it hits you very quickly. I went from feeling totally fine, to feeling the worst I could within 1-1/2 hours. I pity the UPS driver or worker who gets this at work because they won't be able to finish out their shift. That fast.

Our center is doing nothing and could care less. And do they really want us to take the time and wipe down the board and pen each time it's used by different customers?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
The majority of my stops seem to have those little bottles of hand sanitizer put out for others, so I use them as often as possible.

Other then that - I've become more aware of washing my hands before eating anything (even the candy I get thrown at me everyday).

Good luck out there!

I wear gloves every day all year no matter what. That's my miracle. I can handle the diad over and over after sickies and rarely have any significant bugs usually.

Gloves, sanitizer, and (I hate to admit this) a can of Lysol in my backpack. I try to stay as healthy as I can and at the building there are far too many people that come in contact with your equipment (ahem)...
the odd couple tv series