UPS is once again doing the very minimum to protect its behind the scenes employees

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
So your saying hardly no one has symptoms? I agree. You can’t get the test unless you have symptoms or were in contact with someone who has it.
You’re missing the point. If there had been enough tests to begin with, we could’ve got a grasp on where this thing was, instead of waiting til people showed symptoms, after they already infected everyone.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
How many of you work at the worldport hub ? Those of us that do have to go through filthy turnstiles , put our lunchboxes through filthy xray machines and ride on shuttles that are as dirty or worse than the public Tarc buses . As we all know ups will always do the very minimum they have to do to protect their behind the scenes employees. At this point we are not only endangering our own lives but the lives of our loved ones such as our spouses, our children , our parents and literally everyone that we come into contact with. I'm not sure whom we can turn to for help because we also know our union is worthless and we need someone to notice what's going on before it's too late . The lack of precautions that ups is taking is only going to cause the COVID-19 virus to spread even worse. I have talked to my upper management team and very few changes have been made.
Wearing a mask while you ride the bus?
Probably not.
The union is only as "worthless" as you are.
Then again, maybe they arent that useless.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You’re missing the point. If there had been enough tests to begin with, we could’ve got a grasp on where this thing was, instead of waiting til people showed symptoms, after they already infected everyone.
Ok.
But a test didn't even exist till 6 weeks ago. We're just not set up to instantly make millions of tests appear out of thin air.

People act like Trump took a sledge hammer into a laboratory and started smashing vials FFS.

Everyone needs to chill out.

MattM

And it begins

So no more 80 person PCMs. That’s about all that’s changed. Now they can’t or won’t even get info out to us.

thanks UPS

we’re now out of paper towels from excessive washings. I haven’t seen a single sanitizer station.
We’re still in close contact with fellow co workers for general work duties.

only one sick call out/in, which is normal for us.
We shall see guys. Our work force skews younger for an airport hub.
Volume wise, we were a tad lower than normal but nothing too significant.

the only positive is we work outside/in an open aired warehouse. Closed spaces freak me out with germs and sickness.

Box_Troll

Exactly...

I found this story pretty compelling.. Shows what would and could have been possible if we would not have had an incompetent, self serving, illiterate child in the white house..

If we would have been manufacturing, dispersing testing kits and initiated quarantines right away, we would not be facing the massive deaths that are on the way..

"Vietnam has become the first country to fully contain SARS and COVID-19 without any deaths and developed a quick-test kit "in one month" that the World Health Organization says should have taken four years. Hanoi has quarantined entire streets and the local government distributed free food and living supplies to the people affected".

Story link... George Ingraham

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I found this story pretty compelling.. Shows what would and could have been possible if we would not have had an incompetent, self serving, illiterate child in the white house..

If we would have been manufacturing, dispersing testing kits and initiated quarantines right away, we would not be facing the massive deaths that are on the way..

George Ingraham
What a load of bull :censored2:.
Shame on you.

Dr.Brownz

So you are suggesting just test everyone, even if they don't have symptoms?

What if they just contract it the next day after the test? Daily tests forever for everyone? Not trying to be a jerk, honestly wondering what you think.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
And to think how many of the younger generation have no idea how many dozen eggs that would be...
Shrugs, some stores carry different count egg cartons lately.

LH-EC-7-2T.png

Johney

Let me ask this, how would you feel if one of your fellow drivers was on a cruise last week and back to work last night?

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
We have an employee that is showing symptoms here since he was in direct contact with the first reported case in our city since he delivers to the guy. He came to work and management told him to go to home for 2 weeks he said pay me and I will. They said we won’t pay you, he asked for short term disability since he got infected at work and management said no. He took his diad and went to work. It’s going to get crazy, ups does not care about us and there is no plan to protect us. They might start to worry when drivers start dropping like flies. It’s a sad day