Half hour breaks?

AB831

He is definitely better at holding the hands of idiots and cutting their steak up for them than I am. Props to him.
YOU are calling me an idiot? Humor me for a second. Please tell me what’s idiotic about me without resorting to ad hominem

floridays

I think its design is to cover up individual managerial impotence. Think about it. When you need something that requires actual MANAGING, you are almost always left out in the cold. I have spoken to multiple managers about how DRA builds an untenable number of P1 stops on my route. I simply cannot make service in a vehicle that can't go over 100 mph. Has meeting with the engineers and drawing up a plan that would work ever even been entertained? Nope. Their solution is either "make it happen" or "figure something out." Because of DRA building so many zeros and no one knowing whose route is whose on any given day, there is daily fighting within the loop about who should actually take these zeros out. I've recommended sitting down with the engineer and drawing up lines that are more static and less subject to change. What is the answer I'm always given? Some glib line about "teamwork" and/or "sucking it up." Yes, I've worked at only one station, but I have observed this kind of attitude in every single manager I've encountered. So from my perspective, it seems like they aren't actually interested in managing and that's mainly because they don't have to. They have on training wheels that shields them from any of the company's real responsibility like dollars and cents and also gives them immunity to having to actually deal with aspects of the daily operation which they don't feel like fooling with. It is of my honest opinion that the majority of these guys lack the real world managerial skills to run a McDonald's. I know I'm painting with a broad brush, but I'm only going by what I've seen.
I agree with most you said, maybe all, it's been awhile since I read it. Systems are developed to cover asses, my opinion, if there isn't one final person to field the responsibility.
My opinion, I've never seen a member of Fedex management take responsibility for a failure, there is always a report of some sort to pass the blame to another person.
I read @Maui response to me and I accept his response, I do understand as well the intent and meaning of the metrics and the purpose.

It's all
bsbullf.gif
initiated by those in position to cover their ineffective or failings at making correct decisions, it rolls downhill until you get frontline managers that couldn't tell you correct policy and are to ignorant to find it or to scared to tell an employee because it may affect their numbers, beyond just being scared and that reflects on the senior as well.
Sorry bro, I'm not an English major, I've enjoyed more Tecate today:lol::lol::thumbup1: (@Old Man Jingles, you got yer mask on?) most likely to my detriment, in my own way I said what I wanted to ....I hope. I do love trapping however, You live up north? you can trap furry things up there.

My opinion as always.

Last edited:

AB831

I agree with most you said, maybe all, it's been awhile since I read it. Systems are developed to cover asses, my opinion, if there isn't one final person to field the responsibility.
My opinion, I've never seen a member of Fedex management take responsibility for a failure, there is always a report of some sort to pass the blame to another person.
I read @Maui response to me and I accept his response, I do understand as well the intent and meaning of the metrics and the purpose.

It's allView attachment 295733 initiated by those in position to cover their ineffective or failings at making correct decisions, it rolls downhill until you get frontline managers that couldn't tell you correct policy and are to ignorant to find it or to scared to tell an employee because it may affect their numbers, beyond just being scared and that reflects on the senior as well.
Sorry bro, I'm not an English major, I've enjoyed more Tecate today:lol::lol::thumbup1: (@Old Man Jingles, you got yer mask on?) most likely to my detriment, in my own way I said what I wanted to ....I hope. I do love trapping however, You live up north? you can trap furry things up there.

My opinion as always.
Agreed. And I live in Maryland. I don’t know if that’s north or not. We consider it “mid-Atlantic”

AB831

Maybe they should hire robots to deliver packages- they don't need breaks.
When do you go to the bathroom? When do you eat? We are human- not robotic.
And you don't have to pay robots either. Fat Freddie would have everyone working for free if there wasn't this thing called labor laws thwarting him.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You said they were an airline, had been since inception.
I will not argue that point, it is correct.
I asked you the distinct purpose, exactly why the RLA proposed, ratified and signed into law. I didn't ask you precisely in that manner, I'm just pinning you down. Not that it matters.
You never responded, quite convenient.
I'll ask again, exactly what was the purpose of the RLA?

The issue is whether or not Express belongs under the RLA and why, and we can talk about that. If you want to discuss the history of the RLA, I'm sure there's someone out there who is willing.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Yeah, I can read. I’m pretty sure swapping jobs isn’t part of policy, so the only discipline would be on the fool who left them in charge. Again...it didn’t happen

LOL, you still don't get it. I made an offer, no one took me up on it. You're rambling on about what the policy is... why?

AB831

LOL, you still don't get it. I made an offer, no one took me up on it. You're rambling on about what the policy is... why?
I'm not rambling on about anything. Let me make it very succinct for you: you are a liar who is fabricating a story.