has this ever happened to you........smh

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Yep. It doesn't set a good example for the young drivers. "Just hide everything". Crazy how management only looks at things that affect that day, and don't think about the long term consequences of their stupidity.
the company talks about wasting money but there’s 8 “belt watcher” supervisors on the payroll , We need to eliminate all non-essential supervisors.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
the company talks about wasting money but there’s 8 “belt watcher” supervisors on the payroll , We need to eliminate all non-essential supervisors.
And they all claim to work 16 hr days. I had to inform an ors that 7am to 3pm is not 16 hrs. I guess if they are awake or could potentially be awake, its condidered working now. Smh.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
RPCD for a little over 4 years now, got my own route a year ago. Came in on Friday morning and sup calls me over asking can I run another route because the dispatcher messed up and didn't put a car in my spot so they were just putting it all on the ground. I was moved from another spot a couple of days ago so she got things mixed up....she said sorry and it was all her fault. So my route is already heavy on Mondays because I won't work Saturdays and now it will be probably be the worst I've ever seen it come Monday morning.
A sup that apologized??? Did you get that on tape??? Future blackmail material.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Yep. It doesn't set a good example for the young drivers. "Just hide everything". Crazy how management only looks at things that affect that day, and don't think about the long term consequences of their stupidity.
All this also leads split drivers to skip tough stops, apartments or out of the way businesses when they know they won't finish in hopes it won't be on their route the next day or they will be on a different route

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
All this also leads split drivers to skip tough stops, apartments or out of the way businesses when they know they won't finish in hopes it won't be on their route the next day or they will be on a different route
As long as it doesn't show up on a report all is good. Sad what ups has become.

barnyard

KTM rider

If you know you are not going to finish, that is just good route management. If I can skip a stop and get 5 more off, I do that. It is the same thing when looking for packages. If I know that I am not going to finish, at some point, you have to say, 'screw it' and move on to get more done.

Several years ago, the forecast was for snow all day. I knew that our area was going to get 6-10 inches. One of my NDA stops was far enough off the beaten path, that it would either be the 1st stop or the last stop. By making it the last stop, I got all my in town stuff off before dark, was able to do my pick ups (and I had room for them) and then finish after the pickups. I got to the last stop, which was an NDA, the guy saw me and met me at the truck. Turned out it was pig semen for 2 of his sows. I offered to send it back and he said that he had called the shipper and they said it would still be good. Everything turned out and it was one of those things that if I had delivered that stop 1st, it would have added close to an hour to my day.

Last edited: