Has Working at UPS increased your NET WORTH?

Net worth value money

• Yes

• No

• Gotten worse

• I’m a soy boy

Results are only viewable after voting.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yep every contract I start a new personal strike fund at $20 a week $5000 at the end of a contract if there’s no strike, it’s vacation money or some big item around the house.

They HAVE to auto save. Human nature and marketing are geared to strangle.
I'm telling my kids that it more important to start asap...compounding is amazing if you start saving in your early 20's

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Yep every contract I start a new personal strike fund at $20 a week $5000 at the end of a contract if there’s no strike, it’s vacation money or some big item around the house.
Just send it to me and I'll see to that it goes to something worthwhile.

I'm telling my kids that it more important to start asap...compounding is amazing if you start saving in your early 20's
Screenshot_20240427-130911.png

Brownwind

Same here. It’s always a good idea to have a little cash in hand.
Just found out that a guys kid on my belt saves soda cans. He takes all the cans crushes them and when they have a truck box full they take them to the yard. The kid makes a few hundred a trip.
If he can do it I’m shocked a grown man can’t.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Tech unions? Food? Construction?
That's not really what I was trying to say... some of these pension plans were full of trucking companies back in the day, and now are out of business or out of the pension altogether. Takes a long time to reverse that damage. Other plans were very diverse this whole time...makes a difference.