Have You Ever Taken A Day Off Just To Chill Out?

A

anonymous6

Between the "chickens running around like their Heads cut off " because of the AUDIT, road construction, 60 mile detours , weather, breakdowns, and the STUPID drivers epidemic .......

I had to take the day off.

Took the big dog for a walk in the rain, did some yard work and generally just chilled out.

Felt like the right thing to do. I still have over 30 SD's on the books. Maybe I should do this more often.

Have any of you ever done this and not felt guilty about it?

bluehdmc

Happens all the time. Can't accumulate SD in NJ though. Fridays seem to be big feeder day offs around here. Not much you can do about the "STUPID DRIVERS EPIDEMIC". I actually think it's spreading, the worse thing about it is that people who get killed by "stupid driving" usually have already had offspring, there by perpetuating the species.

upsdude

Yes, many times I will step aside and allow a more junior driver to gain valuable experience behind the wheel.

BTW, we can't save up SD here either.

Cementups

Box Monkey
That's ho wmost of my sick days are used. I got to work when i am sick and use my sick days for useful things like a day out on the links with my bud(s).

rod

Retired 22 years
Can't say I ever did------Its a small town ---someone would of ratted you out. ----------------------Now everyday is a chill day :wink2:

over9five

Staff member
Our year runs May to May. Still have all my sick days. Get them paid back next week. Cha Ching!!! One weeks pay, baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We dont get sick days. I still take off. When the stress is worse than the 280$ I lose, I pick up the phone, perch season is right around the corner. There will be alot of them this year.

A

anonymous6

Can't say I ever did------Its a small town ---someone would of ratted you out. ----------------------Now everyday is a chill day :wink2:

What are you talking about? you don't have to have an valid excuse to take a sick day.

I told the supe ( voluntarily ) why I was taking the day off.

no problemo

A

anonymous6

Our year runs May to May. Still have all my sick days. Get them paid back next week. Cha Ching!!! One weeks pay, baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We can keep up to 45 days on the books. I think it is a better idea to use them than to cash them out.

sanity reasons.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
That's the only reason I feel bad for FT sups at UPS. We can take a day off pretty much any damn day we want, excluding December. 99% of sups are given the guilt trip so bad, they tend to come in every day.

But then again, They knew what they were getting themselves into. So now I don't feel so bad. Enjoy your days off brothers and sisters.

govols019

You smell that?
I think I'll take off Monday. The only plus to the state of the economy is being able to pretty much take any day off you want.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
My last mental health day was ...........................oh, let me think........................oh yeah, I remember......Wednesday. Did I feel guilty, oh hell no!:happy-very:

rod

Retired 22 years
What are you talking about? you don't have to have an valid excuse to take a sick day.

I told the supe ( voluntarily ) why I was taking the day off.

no problemo

The UPS I worked for was "the tightest ship in the shipping business". They weren't noted for having an excess of drivers to rely on so if one called in sick most times the others had to devide up his route. You wouldn't be the most popular person if you were seen out goofing off if you called in sick for no reason. I'm sure its a different story in todays economy.

over9five

Staff member
We dont get sick days. QUOTE]

Still, Tooner? I know you've said this before, but with the internet and all of us knowing what everyone else gets, I thought you must have gotten them with the current contract. You guys SERIOUSLY have to kick your local in the backside, and get them moving on this!

Do you get any paid days off other than vacation? (You do get paid vacation, right?!?!?)