Heard Any Good Ones: Part 2

moreluck

golden ticket member
In My Soup....

The truck driver looked suspiciously at the soup he had just been served in a backwoods eatery. It contained dark flecks of seasoning, but two of the spots were suspicious. "Hey," he called out to the waitress, "These particles in my soup - aren't they foreign objects?"

She is scrutinizing his bowl. "No, sir!" she reassured him. "Those things live around here

moreluck

golden ticket member
Retirement Planning:

If you had purchased $1000.00 of Nortel stock a couple years ago, it
would now be worth $49.00.

With Enron, you would have had $16.50 left of the original $1000.00.

With WorldCom, you would have had less than $5.00 left.

But, if you had purchased $1,000.00 worth of beer just one year
ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the cans for the aluminum
recycling REFUND,you would have had $214.00.

Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to
drink heavily and recycle.

It's called the 401-Keg Plan.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Christmas Service
It was a cold and misty Christmas morning in the very depth of Winter after a heavy fall of snow and only one farmer and the minister managed to arrive at the church for the morning service. 'Well' said the clergyman 'I guess there's no point in having a service today.' 'Well that's not how I see it. said the farmer. If only one cow turns up at feeding time, I still feed it.'

moreluck

golden ticket member
The International Rules of Manhood:

1: Under no circumstances may two men share an umbrella.

2: It is OK for a man to cry ONLY under the following circumstances:
(a) When a heroic dog dies to save its master.
(b) The moment Angelina Jolie starts unbuttoning her blouse.
(c) After wrecking your boss's car.
(d) One hour, 12 minutes, 37 seconds into "The Crying Game".
(e) When she is using her teeth.

3: Any Man who brings a camera to a bachelor party may be legally killed and eaten by his buddies.

4: Unless he murdered someone in your family, you must bail a friend out of jail within 12 hours.

5: If you've known a guy for more than 24 hours, his sister is off limits forever unless you actually marry her.

6: Moaning about the brand of free beer in a buddy's fridge is forbidden. However complain at will if the temperature is unsuitable.

7: No man shall ever be required to buy a birthday present for another man. In fact, even remembering your buddy's birthday is strictly optional. At that point, you must celebrate at a strip bar of the birthday boy's choice.

8: On a road trip, the strongest bladder determines pit stops, not the weakest.

9: When stumbling upon other guys watching a sporting event, you may ask the score of the game in progress, but you may never ask who's playing.

10: You may flatulate in front of a woman only after you have brought her to climax. If you trap her head under the covers for the purpose of flatulent entertainment, she's officially your girlfriend.

11: It is permissible to drink a fruity alcohol drink only when you're sunning on a tropical beach... and it's delivered by a topless model and only when it's free.

12: Only in situations of moral and/or physical peril are you allowed to kick another guy in the nuts.

13: Unless you're in prison, never fight naked.

14: Friends don't let friends wear Speedos. Ever. Issue closed.

15: If a man's fly is down, that's his problem, you didn't see anything.

16: Women who claim they "love to watch sports" must be treated as spies until they demonstrate knowledge of the game and the ability to drink as much as the other sports watchers.

17: A man in the company of a hot, suggestively dressed woman must remain sober enough to fight.

18: Never hesitate to reach for the last beer or the last slice of pizza, but not both, that's just greedy.

19: If you compliment a guy on his six-pack, you'd better be talking about his choice of beer.

20: Never join your girlfriend or wife in discussing a friend of yours, except if she's withholding sex pending your response.

21: Phrases that may NOT be uttered to another man while lifting weights:
a) Yeah, Baby, Push it!
b) C'mon, give me one more! Harder!
c) Another set and we can hit the showers!

22: Never talk to a man in a bathroom unless you are on equal footing: i.e., both urinating, both waiting in line, etc. For all other situations, an almost imperceptible nod is all the conversation you need.

23: Never allow a telephone conversation with a woman to go on longer than you are able to have sex with her. Keep a stopwatch by the phone. Hang up if necessary.

24: The morning after you and a girl who was formerly "just a friend" have carnal, drunken monkey sex, the fact that you're feeling weird and guilty is no reason for you not to nail each other again before the discussion occurs about what a big mistake it was.

25: It is acceptable for you to drive her car. It is not acceptable for her to drive yours.

26: Thou shalt not buy a car in the colors of brown, pink, lime green, orange or sky blue.

27: The girl who replies to the question "What do you want for Christmas?" with "If you loved me, you'd know what I want!" gets an Xbox. End of story.

28: There is no reason for guys to watch Ice Skating or Men's Gymnastics. Ever. We've all heard about people having guts or balls. But do you really know the difference between them? In an effort to keep you informed, the definition of each is listed below:
"GUTS" is arriving home late after a night out with the guys, being assaulted by your wife with a broom, and having the guts to say, "are you still cleaning or are you flying somewhere?"
"BALLS" is coming home late after a night out with the guys smelling of perfume and beer, lipstick on your collar, slapping your wife on the ass and having the balls to say, "You're next!"

We hope this clears up any confusion,

The International Council of Manhood, Ltd.

moreluck

golden ticket member
What is the difference between a Harley and a Hoover?
The position of the dirt bag

Why is divorce so expensive?
Because it's worth it.

What do you see when the Pillsbury Dough Boy bends over?
Doughnuts?

Why is air a lot like sex?
Because it's no big deal unless you're not getting any

What do you call a smart blonde?
A golden retriever.

What do attorneys use for birth control?
Their personalities.

What's the difference between a girlfriend and wife?
45 lbs

What's the difference between a boyfriend and husband? 45 minutes

What's the fastest way to a man's heart?
Through his chest with a sharp knife.

Why do men want to marry virgins?
They can't stand criticism.

What's the difference between a new husband and a new dog?
After a year, the dog is still excited to see you

What makes men chase women they have no intention of marrying?
The same urge that makes dogs chase cars they have no intention of driving.

Why don't bunnies make noise when they have sex?
Because they have cotton balls

What's the difference between a porcupine and BMW?
A porcupine has the pricks on the outside.

What did the blonde say when she found out she was pregnant?
"Are you sure it's mine?"

Why does Mike Tyson cry during sex?
Mace will do that to you.

Why did OJ Simpson want to move to Arkansas ?
Everyone has the same DNA.

Why do men find it difficult to make eye contact?
Breasts don't have eyes.

Did you hear about the dyslexic Rabbi?
He walks around saying "Yo."

Why do drivers' education classes in Redneck schools use the car only on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays?
Because on Tuesday and Thursday, the Sex Ed class uses it.

Where does an Irish family go on vacation?
A different bar.

Did you hear about the Chinese couple that had a retarded baby?
They named him "Sum Ting Wong

What would you call it when an Italian has one arm shorter than the other?
A speech impediment.

What does it mean when the flag at the Post Office is flying at half-mast?
They're hiring.

What's the difference between a southern zoo and a northern zoo?
A southern zoo has a description of the animal on the front of the cage along with... "a recipe".

How do you get a sweet little 80-year-old lady to say the friend word?
Get another sweet little 80-year-old lady to yell *BINGO*!

Why is there no Disneyland in China ?
No one's tall enough to go on the good rides

AND....LAST BUT NOT LEAST

What's the difference between a northern fairytale and a southern fairy tale?
A northern fairy tale begins "Once upon a time..." A southern fairy tale begins "Y'all ain't gonna believe this ****..."

moreluck

golden ticket member
Mark Twain

The best illustration of the value of brief speech reckoned in dollars was
given by Mark Twain.

His story was that when he had listened for five minutes to the preacher
telling of the heathen, he wept, and was going to contribute fifty dollars.
After ten minutes more of the sermon, he reduced the amount of his
prospective contribution to twenty-five dollars. After half an hour more of
eloquence, he cut the sum to five dollars.

When the plate was passed at the end of an hour of oratory, he stole two
dollars

moreluck

golden ticket member
Kids.....

I was nervous the night my husband and I brought our kids to an upscale restaurant for the first time. My husband ordered a bottle of wine with the meal. When the waitress brought it, our children became quiet as she began the ritual uncorking. When she poured a small amount for my husband to taste, our six-year-old piped up, "Mom can drink a LOT more than that!"

moreluck

golden ticket member
It was the day after Christmas at a church in San Francisco. The pastor of the church was looking over
the cradle when he noticed that the baby Jesus was
missing from among the figures.
Immediately he turned and went outside and saw a
little boy with a red wagon, and in the wagon was the
figure of the little infant, Jesus. So he walked up to
the boy and said, "Well, where did you get Him, my
fine friend?"

The little boy replied, "I got him from the church."

"And why did you take him?"

The boy said, "Well, about a week before Christmas I
prayed to the little Lord Jesus and I told him if he
would bring me a red wagon for Christmas I would give
him a ride around the block in it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Recipe For a Happy Home

Combine happy hearts.
Melt hearts into one.
Add a lot of love.
Mix well with respect.
Add gentleness, laughter, joy, faith, hope and self control.
Pour in much understanding.
Don't forget the patience.
Blend in listening ears.
Allow to grow and share.
Sprinkle with smiles, hugs and kisses.
Bake for a lifetime.
YIELD: One Happy Home

moreluck

golden ticket member
HOW CAN A STRANGER TELL IF TWO PEOPLE ARE MARRIED?
"Married people usually look happy to talk to other people." Eddie, age 6
"You might have to guess, based on whether they seem to be yelling at the same kids." Derrick, age 8
eyes_on_a_line.gif

WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR MOM AND DAD HAVE IN COMMON?
"Both don't want no more kids." Lori, age 8
eyes_on_a_line.gif

WHAT DO MOST PEOPLE DO ON A DATE?
"Dates are for having fun, and people should use them to get to know each other. Even boys have something to say if you listen long enough." Lynnette, age 8
"On the first date, they just tell each other lies, and that usually gets them interested enough to go for a second date." Martin, age 10
eyes_on_a_line.gif

WHAT WOULD YOU DO ON A FIRST DATE THAT WAS TURNING SOUR?
"I'd run home and play dead. The next day I would call all the newspapers and make sure they wrote about me in all the dead columns." Craig, age 9
eyes_on_a_line.gif

WHEN IS IT OK TO KISS SOMEONE?
"When they're rich." Pam, age 7
"The law says you have to be eighteen, so I wouldn't want to mess with that." Curt, age 7
"The rule goes like this: If you kiss someone, then you should marry them and have kids with them. It's the right thing to do." Howard, age 8
eyes_on_a_line.gif

IS IT BETTER TO BE SINGLE OR MARRIED?
"I don't know which is better, but I'll tell you one thing. I'm never going to have sex with my wife. I don't want to be all grossed out." Theodore, age 8
"It's better for girls to be single, but not for boys. Boys need someone to clean up after them." Anita, age 9
"Single is better, for the simple reason that I wouldn't want to change no diapers. Of course, if I did get married, I'd just phone my mother and have her come over for some coffee and diaper-changing." Kirsten, age 10
eyes_on_a_line.gif

HOW WOULD THE WORLD BE DIFFERENT IF PEOPLE DIDN'T GET MARRIED?
"There sure would be a lot of kids to explain, wouldn't there?" Kelvin, age 8
"You can be sure of one thing - the boys would come chasing after us just the same as they do now." Roberta, age 7
eyes_on_a_line.gif

HOW WOULD YOU MAKE A MARRIAGE WORK?
"If you want to last with your man, you should wear a lot of sexy clothes, especially underwear that is red and maybe has a few diamonds on it." Lori, age 8
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty even if she looks like a truck." Ricky, age 10

moreluck

golden ticket member
A friend of mine went to visit her grown children across the country for the holidays. When she walked into their house, she saw a beautiful nativity set on display in the living room near the tree.

Her youngest granddaughter, Alysa, age 4, walks up to her and together they admire the nativity scene. My friend asks her granddaugher if she knows what this is.

Alysa replies... "Yes.....it's breakable!"

moreluck

golden ticket member
In the old days, it was not called the Holiday Season; the Christians called it 'Christmas' and went to church; the Jews called it 'Hanukkah' and went to synagogue; the atheists went to parties and drank. People passing each other on the street would say 'Merry Christmas!' or 'Happy Hanukkah!' or (to the atheists) 'Look out for the wall!' --Dave Barry, "Christmas Shopping: A Survivor's Guide"

moreluck

golden ticket member
Holiday Season

At the typical Christmas dinner, Mom is always yelling, "Get out of my kitchen!" The grown kids are always yelling at their tiny offspring, "Stop running! You'll break Grandma's furniture!" Dad is always yelling, "Get out of the way! I can't see the TV set!" The little ones are yelling, "It's my toy! Let me play with it!" This is why this is known as the 'Holler Day Season.'

moreluck

golden ticket member
Signs Your Family Has Gone Overboard With the Outdoor Christmas Lights ........

You have to put on SPF 50 sunblock to go outside, and you live in Minneapolis.

The neighbors have stopped complaining about the light... and started complaining about the temperature.

Your house is now the *second* man-made structure visible from orbit.

The mayor of Las Vegas calls your house the tackiest building he's ever seen.

Your front yard has replaced Norway as "Land of the Midnight Sun."

At the stroke of 1:00 am the ghost of Thomas Edison appears and asks what the hell you're doing.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Drunk Irishman

A drunken Irishman gets on a train and asks the conductor how long the trip is between Limerick to Cork.

"About two hours," says the conductor.

"Okay," says the drunkard, "then how long is the trip between Cork to Limerick?"

The irate conductor says to the drunk "It's still about two hours, laddie. Why'd ya think there'd be a difference?"

"Well," says the drunk, "It's only a week between Christmas and New Year's, but it's a helluva long time between New Year's and Christmas!"

moreluck

golden ticket member
Exam Papers......

William Phelps...1865-1943 (Yale professor), marking exam papers shortly before Christmas one year, came across a curious answer to one of his more perplexing questions:

"God only knows the answer to this question. Merry Christmas."

Phelps returned the paper with the following annotation: "God gets an A, you get an friend - Happy New Year!"

moreluck

golden ticket member
"If Companies Ran Christmas"

If IBM ran Christmas... They would want one big Santa, dressed in blue, where kids queue up fortheir present-processing. Receiving presents would take about 24-36 hours of mainframe processing time.

If Apple ran Christmas... It would do everything the Microsoft ornaments do, but years earlier, and with a smaller mouse (not stirring of course).

If Dell ran Christmas... Wait a minute? Isn't IBM running this Christmas..? ?

If Fisher Price ran Christmas... "Baby's First Ornament" would have a hand-crank that you turn to hang the thing on the tree.

If IRS ran Christmas... We would have no tree.

If Hewlett-Packard ran Christmas... They would market the Reverse Polish Ornament, which is put in your attic on the weekend after Thanksgiving, and placed out for viewing the day after the January Bowl Games.

If Sony ran Christmas... Their Personal Xmas-ing Device, which would be barely larger than an ornament and flat, would allow you to celebrate the season with a device that allowed you to play a game to shoot down virtual dragon ornaments.

If the Franklin Mint ran Christmas... Every month, you would receive another lovely hand-crafted item from an authentic Civil War pewter ornament collection. Each ornament would weight about 7 pounds, and require you to pay shipping and handling charges.

If Timex ran Christmas... The holiday would be cheap, small, quartz-crystal driven, and would let you take a licking and keep on shopping.

If Radio Shack ran Christmas... The staff would sell you ornaments, but not know anything about them or what they were for. Or you could buy parts to build your own tree.

If Wal-Mart ran Christmas... They would immediately change the name to Wal-Mas.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Things not to say while visiting a foreign country:

IRELAND "Are you magically delicious or just angry and drunk? This beer is black- did a leprechaun crap in it?"

FRANCE "Can I get a side of Freedom Fries with that? Aren't the French just Germans who can make sauces?"

ITALY "Is the Pope Polish? Does he have super powers like Jesus? I could sure go for a can of Spaghetti-O's! "

POLAND "Do you hire foreigners to screw in your lightbulbs?"

GERMANY "Is this bratwurst kosher?"

TURKEY "Where's the hash at? It's cool to recreationally slaughter Kurds?"

KOREA "Can you watch my puppy for a minute, or must you people deep fry him?"

CHINA "This wall isn't so great."

SWEDEN "Do you have any normal meatballs? Want to hear a dumb blonde joke?"

YEMEN "Yemen? That's a stupid name for a country. What's it mean -- 'Land Of Fanatics And Dust' ?"

INDIA "You don't live in teepees? Where can I get a good juicy steak around here?"

SPAIN "So, this is the country that's not Portugal? Wow. Your women can shave if they want to, right? Where can I get some Cheez Whiz nachos?"

MEXICO "What's that smell?"

SAUDI ARABIA "Would you like to see my designs for a solar powered car? Is it legal to beat your wives here, or what?"

RUSSIA "Is it always this cold and economically devastated?"

UZBEKISTAN "Can you spell Uzbekistan?"

GREECE "I hear this place is a less expensive version of Italy."

AFGHANISTAN "Seriously, where is the real country? Where is everything?"

JAPAN "What's Hiroshima? Is that a kind of sushi?"

AUSTRALIA "How can we stop Mel Gibson? Is there a cure?"

AMERICA "Was John Wayne gay?"

moreluck

golden ticket member
A New Year's Prayer....

May you get a clean bill of health from your dentist, your cardiologist, your gastro-enterologist, your urologist, your proctologist, your podiatrist, your psychiatrist, your plumber and the I.R.S.

May your hair, your teeth, your face-lift, your abs and your stocks not fall; and may your blood pressure, your triglycerides, your cholesterol, your white blood count and your mortgage interest not rise.

May New Year's Eve find you seated around the table, together with your beloved family and cherished friends. May you find the food better, the environment quieter, the cost much cheaper, and the pleasure much more fulfilling than anything else you might ordinarily do that night.

May what you see in the mirror delight you, and what others see in you delight them. May someone love you enough to forgive your faults, be blind to your blemishes, and tell the world about your virtues.

May the telemarketers wait to make their sales calls until you finish dinner, may the commercials on TV not be louder than the program you have been watching, and may your check book and your budget balance - and include generous amounts for charity.

May you remember to say "I love you" at least once a day to your spouse, your child, your parent, your siblings; but not to your secretary, your nurse, your masseuse, your hairdresser or your tennis instructor.

And may we live in a world at peace and with the awareness of God's love in every sunset, every flower's unfolding petals, every baby's smile, every lover's kiss, and every wonderful, astonishing, miraculous beat of our heart.

~Extracts from a Prayer by Rabbi Jacob Pressman~(Dobhran Greetings)

moreluck

golden ticket member
DUH !

A fellow nurse at my hospital received a call from an anxious woman.

"I'm diabetic, and I'm afraid I've had too much sugar today," she said.

"Are you light-headed?" my colleague asked.

"No," the caller answered, "I'm a brunette."