Hello everyone, need an opinion

Discussion in 'Introductions and Welcomes' started by Wisconsin Greenhorn, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Wisconsin Greenhorn

Wisconsin Greenhorn New Member

Hello everyone, I'm on day 13 as a driver. I can't sleep through the night from the stress. I wake up after three hours and if I'm lucky I will fall back to sleep after two hours. Is this a normal right of passage kind of thing or an indication that I'm just not equipped for the stress? Thanks, I appreciate it.

2. Big Arrow Down...D

Big Arrow Down...D Leave the gun,take the cannoli

You ain't seen nuthin yet...

3. How bad do you want it?

4. Big Arrow Down...D

Who me?

5. Wisconsin Greenhorn

So this is normal?

6. Big Arrow Down...D

Not really, you should be exhausted just settle down, don't sweat it...

7. Wisconsin Greenhorn

Okay thanks I appreciate it. Hopefully I adapt

8. sailfish

sailfish Having way too much fun.

I can tell you I probably couldn't handle it if not for the job I had prior to this. Just not in my temperament. That being said, my first few runs were pretty bad but I stuck with it. Once I got used to it I learned to just take it one thing at a time and try not to let things get to me.

On tougher days it's still a little rough but by the time the day's two thirds over I realize it's not so bad. If I were you, I'd wait until the thirty days are up and try sticking with it. If it truly doesn't seem to get any better stress-wise you probably are better of quitting the driving. No job is worth that kind of misery. I've been there and I know. But if it does work out, then you'll be glad you did stay a little longer.

9. Wisconsin Greenhorn

Your right, if I can't even sleep it's not worth it. I know I have gotten better, just have to see if I can settle in. I might just not have the right personality for this who knows

10. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Thought the same thing my first month. Still here 26 years later. It gets better. Fellow Cheesehead.

11. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

Are you having the dreams yet?

12. Wisconsin Greenhorn

Yes, waking up at 4 frantic that I can't find the third package for an apartment building and a resident is waiting to let me in.

13. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

I hadn't had one in probably 15+ years, then one night had another one. Oh, well. At least it was only one time.