help me drop weight please

backinbrown everyone here has given u great and helpful advice but remember it is what has worked for them. Each one of our body types are different and respond to exercise and diet in different ways. U need to figure out which type of body type u are an ectomorph, endomorph,or mesomorph from ur description of yourself I'm going to guess that you have an endomorphic body type. Your body needs to develop a lifestyle to keep your fat off. Moderate weights with little rest in between sets. You need to lower your caloric intake no sweets, sugars, or junkfood. Do not starve yourself eat every 3hrs but go no longer than 5hrs in between meals. I am always more than willing to help out anyone who is willing to put forth the hard work and effort to better their life, especially a fellow brother in brown. I have competed in four different natural bodybuilding shows placing 2nd, 3rd and 4th. If you have any questions feel free to send me a pm. I have other suggestions for your diet as in foods, cheat days, and ideas to keep u from hitting that perverbial wall on your diet. Good Luck and remember don't get frustrated u seem to have the will u just need the right tools for your bodytype.

kingOFchester

Quick update.

Haven't had a smoke. Also have stuck to my diet. I have good and bad moments thru out the day. The reward is when I go to bed and realize I made it thru the day and that is a great feeling. Keep up the hard work people!! We are better then the rest!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Quick update.

Haven't had a smoke. Also have stuck to my diet. I have good and bad moments thru out the day. The reward is when I go to bed and realize I made it thru the day and that is a great feeling. Keep up the hard work people!! We are better then the rest!

Great job, KOC, keep "ups" the good work.:happy2:

backinbrown

respect my authority
Quick update.

Wow hang tuff king

i am sticking to diet and gym but still smoking

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
For losing weight the long distance would be better, you burn fat better during endurance excercise.

Most definitely not true drewed. You can get the same benefit using high intensity, short duration exercising. The only thing that changes between the two is the ability to waste large amounts of time running long distances. That's not to say that running long distance is a bad thing, there's a lot of benefit from the concentration involved and a calming effect. But I can calm myself down easier with a cold beer. Go to menshealth.com and check out high intensity workouts and see if it's for you. With RA I wouldn't want to prolong the pain with long distance anything. If you want a reference for people who do high intensity training, look at olympic sprinters. They don't waste time running low intensity and they look fantastic if you ask me. A few issues ago, mens health said that you can get the same or better benefit doing sprint training for 20 minutes 3 days a week than you would running low intensity for an hour. Sounds like my kind of training. The workout uses your fast twitch muscles which grow faster than the slow twitch fiber muscles. Muscles uses more calories to maintain than fat. So build some muscle to help burn calories just sitting around. The muscles in your legs grow the fastest so concentrate there. Make the central focus of any workout to be strengthening your core. It makes a huge difference.

UPSNewbie

Most definitely not true drewed. You can get the same benefit using high intensity, short duration exercising. The only thing that changes between the two is the ability to waste large amounts of time running long distances. That's not to say that running long distance is a bad thing, there's a lot of benefit from the concentration involved and a calming effect. But I can calm myself down easier with a cold beer. Go to menshealth.com and check out high intensity workouts and see if it's for you. With RA I wouldn't want to prolong the pain with long distance anything. If you want a reference for people who do high intensity training, look at olympic sprinters. They don't waste time running low intensity and they look fantastic if you ask me. A few issues ago, mens health said that you can get the same or better benefit doing sprint training for 20 minutes 3 days a week than you would running low intensity for an hour. Sounds like my kind of training. The workout uses your fast twitch muscles which grow faster than the slow twitch fiber muscles. Muscles uses more calories to maintain than fat. So build some muscle to help burn calories just sitting around. The muscles in your legs grow the fastest so concentrate there. Make the central focus of any workout to be strengthening your core. It makes a huge difference.

Make sure your burning fat as well. Otherwise it'll just make your gut look bigger! :surprised:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Just don't end up looking like this.

platz10.jpg

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
KOC

Here's an idea. Take a healthy lunch with you everyday. Leave your smokes at home and don't bring cash or debit card/charge card with you. Try to fight the urge and believe me, once you get into a routine like that stick to it. It does get better, you have to have the right mindset. You're giving up too easily.

KOC

Here's an idea. Take a healthy lunch with you everyday. Leave your smokes at home and don't bring cash or debit card/charge card with you. Try to fight the urge and believe me, once you get into a routine like that stick to it. It does get better, you have to have the right mindset. You're giving up too easily.
I gotta ask, were you ever a smoker?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
KOC

I think this advice was meant for backinbrown, but it's good advice.

Uh oh, BLACKBOX, don't answer to hastily, sounds like 555 is baiting you, LOL.:surprised:

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...

Yes, remember smoking Kool's in high school? My wife's not a smoker so I quit years ago and am trying to be a good role model for my son, who I would die if he ever took up smoking.

Another note, in our morning PCM you can tell who the smokers are, when the drivers get together their breath and clothes makes you want to gag.