Here Comes the Electric Fail

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I've given you specific, demonstrable, observable answers to every question you've asked. And you can't even paste a link to an article that you think has a good objection. How am I supposed to correct your misunderstandings if you won't even list them?

bacha29

Without a source (newsmax and fox don't count) you are just blabbering on...
If you want to know where the future of transportation is headed all you have to do is to simply remember what "Deep Throat" (Mark Felt) told Woodward and Bernstein..... "Follow the money".

bbsam

Staff member
Does the car give you a breakdown on how many of those miles were driven on the battery vs the engine?
That’s a good question. I doubt it though since a good deal of the mileage on a hybrid utilizes both at the same time.

zeev

Electric vehicles there is Tesla the winner and the EV wannabes. One thing is Tesla and Space X are major shippers with FedEx heavyweight.

bbsam

Staff member
Electric vehicles there is Tesla the winner and the EV wannabes. One thing is Tesla and Space X are major shippers with FedEx heavyweight.
I wouldn’t say that. Ford, GM and every other auto manufacturer are deeply invested in electric vehicles with billions of dollars. Tesla may be king today but in the next few years they’ll be defending on all sides trying to maintain market share.

vantexan

No. But it is 2021 now so it might be possible that in that time battery and other technologies have evolved considerably. I would bet on it actually.
Better batteries appear to be on the horizon. Solid state batteries that will allow an 80% charge in about 10 minutes.

wilberforce15

I wouldn’t say that. Ford, GM and every other auto manufacturer are deeply invested in electric vehicles with billions of dollars. Tesla may be king today but in the next few years they’ll be defending on all sides trying to maintain market share.
Billions isn't enough. Tesla's technology and manufacturing advantage is large and growing bigger every day. They're not catching up.