Here's one for ya...

DontThrowPackages

That comes as shocking news to the countless people in the mid-south who live well on that kind of money and those who line up for jobs that pay $14-$15 an hour. It won't make you rich, but it will take good enough care of you.

I'm OK with that because a CEO's pay has nothing to do with my pay. You have a problem with that because you are mental.
OK, CEO's pay has nothing to do with your pay but his does much to do with the frontline workforce.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The rank and file don't get paid a couple million dollars a year to turn things around but they have been consistently taking concessions, trying to keep the company in the black. I guess that doesn't count, right?

No. They weren't voting on past contract offers in 2009. They were voting on THAT one.

The workers were presented a contract that offered greater job security at the cost of concessions. The greatest contract in the world isn't worth anything if the plant closes and you're laid off.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
OK, CEO's pay has nothing to do with your pay but his does much to do with the frontline workforce.

LOL. Cute.

Smith's compensation is, what, $15 million if you include all bonuses and options? Divide that up among all employees and it comes to way less than $100/year.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
LOL. Cute.

Smith's compensation is, what, $15 million if you include all bonuses and options? Divide that up among all employees and it comes to way less than $100/year.

For what Smith and his henchmen do, they are severely over-compensated. Fred is a billionaire, and his pay should have everything to do with frontline pay, especially seeing how screwed-up he has the opco. people...

dezguy

Really? Are you ok with the people running this company making millions of dollars a year, meanwhile it takes frontline workers two decades to reach top wage, if they make it that long?

CJinx

As long as my hourly wage is respectable(it is) and my paycheck doesn't bounce(it doesn't), I don't give a damn what Smith or any of his c-level officers make a year.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
As long as my hourly wage is respectable(it is) and my paycheck doesn't bounce(it doesn't), I don't give a damn what Smith or any of his c-level officers make a year.
Wow, your paycheck doesn't bounce? You must have some really awesome job.
:rofl:

Serf

Really? Are you ok with the people running this company making millions of dollars a year, meanwhile it takes frontline workers two decades to reach top wage, if they make it that long?
Who are you? Since the dawn of time their has been have's and have not's. And a hierarchy, chain of command, bosses, and whatnot have always been the norm. It warms my heart knowing that every Fedex guy or gal would turn into the world's biggest philanthropist if they were given title and salary.

dezguy

Who are you? Since the dawn of time their has been have's and have not's. And a hierarchy, chain of command, bosses, and whatnot have always been the norm. It warms my heart knowing that every Fedex guy or gal would turn into the world's biggest philanthropist if they were given title and salary.

I'll tell you who I am. I'm an employee of FedEx Express who worked his ass off for years, thinking the company would take care of me. Then came the recession and cuts to frontline workers but not to anyone above middle management.

Since then, frontline employees have been seen as a new revenue stream all the while the bosses make more and more. At the peak of the recession, a lot of us got a $.15 raise. It was a slap in the face. When I worked fast food in highschool and university, I never saw a raise that low. It wasn't until months later that we all found out our manager and DM both received their regular raises along with bonuses that year in addition to the brain trust in Memphis rewarding themselves with generous bonuses.

You also talk about philanthropy. It was during the recession that me and my fellow couriers donated the most our station employees have ever donated. Whether it be at Christmas for the couple families in our community we knew we could help out or our United way drive. What did the big wigs at FedEx donate? They sure made it known they sponsored a Nascar race car and golf tournament.

Serf

I'll tell you who I am. I'm an employee of FedEx Express who worked his ass off for years, thinking the company would take care of me. Then came the recession and cuts to frontline workers but not to anyone above middle management.

Since then, frontline employees have been seen as a new revenue stream all the while the bosses make more and more. At the peak of the recession, a lot of us got a $.15 raise. It was a slap in the face. When I worked fast food in highschool and university, I never saw a raise that low. It wasn't until months later that we all found out our manager and DM both received their regular raises along with bonuses that year in addition to the brain trust in Memphis rewarding themselves with generous bonuses.

You also talk about philanthropy. It was during the recession that me and my fellow couriers donated the most our station employees have ever donated. Whether it be at Christmas for the couple families in our community we knew we could help out or our United way drive. What did the big wigs at FedEx donate? They sure made it known they sponsored a Nascar race car and golf tournament.

I see your plight. But nothing is going to change. When incessant struggle between capital and labor, the latter is likely to prove successful. I will admit FedEx NASCAR is ridiculous. And the March of Dimes actually is just that. It's a 10 cents to the dollar donation. Which is criminal.

P

prodriver

If you want to have your own pay scale, start your own business cause that's the only way it will happen.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
http://insiders.morningstar.com/trading/executive-compensation.action?t=FDX
If all the executive compensation suddenly vanished and was distributed evenly among Fedex's 300,000 employees worldwide, you'd see a net increase of $114.20 for the year, or $2.20 per weekly paycheck. Don't spend it all in one place.
That's no excuse for poor raises, stagnant midrange pay and the big shots hogging all the bonuses. And while were at it CJinx, why don't you tell them you'll gladly take a pay cut?

Sent using BrownCafe App