Herman Cain

Tony Olivieri

NEVERMORE
Surely you didn’t expect Obama to just take office, pick up the phone and say to his Generals, “OKAY, NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN!!! Get out of there ow!”, did you? His Generals have advised him what they needed and what they didn’t and WHY. And HE LISTENED. He is PULLING troops out of IRAQ, perhaps not as fast as we’d like, but it’s getting done. AND building up in Afghanistan to finish the job we started against Al-Qaeda. I supported Bush for going into Afghanistan, as I lost 3 friends in NYC. But when we were LIED to about WMD and Saddam’s ties to 9/11…I lost ALL respect for W. I do NOT tolerate LIARS. Obama has lied as well, and quite frankly I am fed up…
[
Having said that, I am strongly considering a move to the Caribbean as I have grown tired of this RAT RACE…working so hard to make someone else wealthy while I eek out a living and try to stay afloat with my wife and 2 children.

QUOTE=over9five;844787]You're on my list....

REALLY, I post that to show the inconsistencies being shown to the two Presidents. Why exactly is Bush a warmonger and Obama not?
IMHO, there is not a shred of difference between them.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of the Caribbean, have you done any research on any of the countries in that part of the world? I'd suggest you look very deep before you jump. I love love love the Caribbean, at first look I would want to live there as well. The islands look too good to be true, and you know what they say about that.

moreluck

golden ticket member
There was no lying about WMD's. The intelligence turns out to have been wrong and hindsight is 20/20, but even the Dems believed the intelligence. Everyone believed the intelligence.

There was no lying about WMD's. The intelligence turns out to have been wrong and hindsight is 20/20, but even the Dems believed the intelligence. Everyone believed the intelligence.
Not to mention that the wrong intelligence came from Clintion's CIA not Bush's. Oh, I guess I did mention it.

klein

Für Meno :)

Not everone believed the US intellegence !
Only 49 "nations" which 46 of them were paid extra foreign aid, to sign a document supporting Bush's war, even though they couldn't and didn't take part in it.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Hans Blix did not believe the intelligence nor did his official team of investigators. Richard Clarke did not believe in this intelligence and he was brought down by BUsh administration for saying so. They even went after his wife.

The bush officials made up "intelligence" along with the head of MI6 who ultimately killed himself after he was summoned to testify about the yellowcake intelligence that he and bush officials made up. Even COLIN POWELL didnt believe the story that he was asked to sell to the UN and the american public. He disbelieved it so much, he did not want to be a part of the Bush administration in the second term.

The only ones that wanted to believe the intelligence were those that had something to gain out of the venture.

Even GW Bush's own handpicked weapons of mass destruction investigator resigned after a few months of seeing the intelligence was all bogus. He ultimately apologized to the american public for the misrepresentation.

Peace.

av8torntn

Hans Blix did not believe the intelligence nor did his official team of investigators. .

Some Hans Blix quotes for you. It seems you are calling him a liar. These are all from his statement to the UN security council.

"I have mentioned the issue of anthrax to the Council on previous occasions and I come back to it as it is an important one. Iraq has declared that it produced about 8,500 litres of this biological warfare agent, which it states it unilaterally destroyed in the summer of 1991. Iraq has provided little evidence for this production and no convincing evidence for its destruction. There are strong indications that Iraq produced more anthrax than it declared, and that at least some of this was retained after the declared destruction date. It might still exist. Either it should be found and be destroyed under UNMOVIC supervision or else convincing evidence should be produced to show that it was, indeed, destroyed in 1991."

"Iraq states that they were overlooked from 1991 from a batch of some 2,000 that were stored there during the Gulf War. This could be the case. They could also be the tip of a submerged iceberg. The discovery of a few rockets does not resolve but rather points to the issue of several thousands of chemical rockets that are unaccounted for."

"The nerve agent VX is one of the most toxic ever developed. Iraq has declared that it only produced VX on a pilot scale, just a few tonnes and that the quality was poor and the product unstable. Consequently, it was said, that the agent was never weaponised. Iraq said that the small quantity of agent remaining after the Gulf War was unilaterally destroyed in the summer of 1991. UNMOVIC, however, has information that conflicts with this account. There are indications that Iraq had worked on the problem of purity and stabilization and that more had been achieved than has been declared. Indeed, even one of the documents provided by Iraq indicates that the purity of the agent, at least in laboratory production, was higher than declared. There are also indications that the agent was weaponised. In addition, there are questions to be answered concerning the fate of the VX precursor chemicals, which Iraq states were lost during bombing in the Gulf War or were unilaterally destroyed by Iraq."

"There remain significant questions as to whether Iraq retained SCUD-type missiles after the Gulf War."

"What is clear is that they were illegally brought into Iraq, that is, Iraq or some company in Iraq, circumvented the restrictions imposed by various resolutions."

"So far we have reported on the recent find of a small number of empty 122 mm warheads for chemical weapons."

"The recent inspection find in the private home of a scientist of a box of some 3,000 pages of documents, much of it relating to the laser enrichment of uranium support a concern that has long existed that documents might be distributed to the homes of private individuals."

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Some Hans Blix quotes for you. It seems you are calling him a liar. These are all from his statement to the UN security council.

"I have mentioned the issue of anthrax to the Council on previous occasions and I come back to it as it is an important one. Iraq has declared that it produced about 8,500 litres of this biological warfare agent, which it states it unilaterally destroyed in the summer of 1991. Iraq has provided little evidence for this production and no convincing evidence for its destruction. There are strong indications that Iraq produced more anthrax than it declared, and that at least some of this was retained after the declared destruction date. It might still exist. Either it should be found and be destroyed under UNMOVIC supervision or else convincing evidence should be produced to show that it was, indeed, destroyed in 1991."

"Iraq states that they were overlooked from 1991 from a batch of some 2,000 that were stored there during the Gulf War. This could be the case. They could also be the tip of a submerged iceberg. The discovery of a few rockets does not resolve but rather points to the issue of several thousands of chemical rockets that are unaccounted for."

"The nerve agent VX is one of the most toxic ever developed. Iraq has declared that it only produced VX on a pilot scale, just a few tonnes and that the quality was poor and the product unstable. Consequently, it was said, that the agent was never weaponised. Iraq said that the small quantity of agent remaining after the Gulf War was unilaterally destroyed in the summer of 1991. UNMOVIC, however, has information that conflicts with this account. There are indications that Iraq had worked on the problem of purity and stabilization and that more had been achieved than has been declared. Indeed, even one of the documents provided by Iraq indicates that the purity of the agent, at least in laboratory production, was higher than declared. There are also indications that the agent was weaponised. In addition, there are questions to be answered concerning the fate of the VX precursor chemicals, which Iraq states were lost during bombing in the Gulf War or were unilaterally destroyed by Iraq."

"There remain significant questions as to whether Iraq retained SCUD-type missiles after the Gulf War."

"What is clear is that they were illegally brought into Iraq, that is, Iraq or some company in Iraq, circumvented the restrictions imposed by various resolutions."

"So far we have reported on the recent find of a small number of empty 122 mm warheads for chemical weapons."

"The recent inspection find in the private home of a scientist of a box of some 3,000 pages of documents, much of it relating to the laser enrichment of uranium support a concern that has long existed that documents might be distributed to the homes of private individuals."

Why dont you post the CONCLUSIONS of hand blix final report instead AV8?

You merely posted some "questions" that hans blix team had during the process.. Highlighting some like this shows your desperation for facts:

'Seriously? empty 122 mm warheads? You left out the age of these empty 122 mm warheads. They dated back to the iran / iraq war and were un usable. You extracted a partial quote.

Nice try. Again, no weapons existed, no justification for an invasion was ever established and no weapons of mass destruction that were identified to the UN security council as existing were ever found. The yellowcake information that BUSH used to start the war was a piece of fiction created by the BUSH team and M I 6. The top level member of M I 6 working with the BUSH team killed himself in order to avoid being discovered as a liar prior to his testimony in front of the UK house.

We can argue all day long about iraq and at the end of the day, it was and is still a WASTE of TIME, ENERGY, PERSONNEL, EQUIPTMENT and LIVES.

The United States of America lost 4 billion dollars a month for every month we were in Iraq and that is still UNPAID for.

The war profiteers made billions while america suffered and the country placed into a deep recession almost putting us into a depression. No matter how you try and support the iraq war. in the history books, it will be nothing more than a waste of time.

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

"""During the lead-up to war in March 2003, Hans Blix had found no stockpiles of WMD and had made significant progress toward resolving open issues of disarmament noting "proactive" but not always the "immediate" Iraqi cooperation as called for by UN Security Council Resolution 1441. He concluded that it would take “but months” to resolve the key remaining disarmament tasks.[4] The United States asserted this was a breach of Resolution 1441 but failed to convince the UN Security Council to pass a new resolution authorizing the use of force due to lack of evidence.[5][6][7] Despite being unable to get a new resolution authorizing force and citing section 3 of the Joint Resolution passed by the U.S. Congress,[8] President Bush asserted peaceful measures couldn't disarm Iraq of the weapons he alleged it to have and launched a second Gulf War,[9] despite multiple dissenting opinions[10] and questions of integrity[11][12][13] about the underlying intelligence.[14] Later U.S.-led inspections agreed that Iraq had earlier abandoned its WMD programs, but asserted Iraq had an intention to pursue those programs if UN sanctions were ever lifted.[15] President Bush later said that the biggest regret of his presidency was "the intelligence failure" in Iraq,[16] while the Senate Intelligence Committee found in 2008 that his administration "misrepresented the intelligence and the threat from Iraq".[17] A key CIA informant in Iraq admitted that he lied about his allegations, "then watched in shock as it was used to justify the war".[18]"""

av8torntn

Why dont you post the CONCLUSIONS of hand blix final report instead AV8?

You merely posted some "questions" that hans blix team had during the process.. Highlighting some like this shows your desperation for facts:

'Seriously? empty 122 mm warheads? You left out the age of these empty 122 mm warheads. They dated back to the iran / iraq war and were un usable. You extracted a partial quote.

Nice try. Again, no weapons existed, no justification for an invasion was ever established and no weapons of mass destruction that were identified to the UN security council as existing were ever found. The yellowcake information that BUSH used to start the war was a piece of fiction created by the BUSH team and M I 6. The top level member of M I 6 working with the BUSH team killed himself in order to avoid being discovered as a liar prior to his testimony in front of the UK house.

We can argue all day long about iraq and at the end of the day, it was and is still a WASTE of TIME, ENERGY, PERSONNEL, EQUIPTMENT and LIVES.

The United States of America lost 4 billion dollars a month for every month we were in Iraq and that is still UNPAID for.

The war profiteers made billions while america suffered and the country placed into a deep recession almost putting us into a depression. No matter how you try and support the iraq war. in the history books, it will be nothing more than a waste of time.

Peace.

Nice try missile boy but this is what Mr. Blix said to the UN security council. These are his statement taken directly from his report. The job of his and his "team" were to simply verify the destruction of banned weapons and delivery systems that Iraq had declared they had in the cease fire agreement and to the UN. He simply could not verify this destruction. Whatever way you try to spin it by your admission of possession of chemical weapons delivery systems was in itself a violation of the cease fire agreement. In fact the statements of Mr. Blix directly contradict what you claim he believed. I have no way of knowing what he believed at the time and neither do you but his statements would sure lead one to believe that you are wrong once again.

As far as the age of the chemical weapons delivery systems go Mr. Blix said that while he was unable to verify the age of the rockets they were stored in a bunker that had been constructed within the last two years.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Exactly his job was to verify the destruction of Iraq's WMD's and their WMD program and after years of trying he could not.

NOBODY FOUND WEAPONS OF ANY KIND AV8, weve been through this argument before, and you couldnt prove they existed then and you cant prove they existed now.

I realize you loved the wars BUSH started, but the majority of americans dont side with you.

Peace.

MN_UPS

"Thats true for me too. The worst GOP candidate is hundreds of times better than Obama. " by Brett636

and after you vote for a republican, you're going to crying about the republican gov't stripping YOUR union of all it's rights. Get educated Brett.

"Thats true for me too. The worst GOP candidate is hundreds of times better than Obama. " by Brett636

and after you vote for a republican, you're going to crying about the republican gov't stripping YOUR union of all it's rights. Get educated Brett.
Hate to break it to ya, but your union president is stripping YOUR union rights already. Get educated MN_UPS

moreluck

golden ticket member
Right. Stick with your answers--even if the facts don't back you up!:happy-very:

I believe as Cain does that life begins at the moment of conception. I'll be sticking to that answer no matter what you or anyone else says....so keep your so called 'facts' to yourself.

bbsam

Staff member
I believe as Cain does that life begins at the moment of conception. I'll be sticking to that answer no matter what you or anyone else says....so keep your so called 'facts' to yourself.

How very open minded of you.:happy2: So you insist that your opinion is fact? So would a couple that mis-carries be guilty of somthing like, "unintentional manslaughter in the 3rd degree"?