Hey Carole--How is that Bigger not Better workin for ya?

I am merely stating that it is a multitude of factors with the Federal government being a common denominator. The Federal Government needs to own up to their responsibility in this, pay the retirees, adopt hard set rules on fund stability, and leave it alone.

Fun Fact- “If you look at the top 50 employers in 1980, now only three of them still exist (in the plan),” Tom Nyhan, executive director of the Central States fund, told Bloomberg Law.
So central states on only has 3 employers contributing today?

Do you realize that when companies stop contributing, the benefits stop accruing? Those employees most likely won’t qualify for early retirement and therefore benefits are postponed by a decade or longer.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
The "Fed" is the Federal Reserve (aka Federal Reserve Bank)... The "Feds" are, like, the FBI....

Brownsocks is confusing the issue with his left wing sources (Bloomberg Law chooses to research liberal stories that liberal law students and ACLU lawyer wannabe's cite to create a liberal-centered argument).

"Central States may have made bigger benefit promises than what the contribution can support, John Lowell, a partner at actuarial firm October Three, told Bloomberg Law."

That article throws the blame on UPS for Central States losing $7.6B while not a word is written about the graft that took (is taking) place within Central States, the Teamsters and the Democrats, in general...

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
This is ridiculous...drivers out past 10 PM. every night....rental trucks everywhere....stop counts through the roof....not enough drivers to fill the seats....when are you going to realize that your company is suffering because you don't have a clue?????????
Waaaaahhhhhhhh . Find a new job

wornoutupser

The last two days here are still nuts.

Thursday night I went home at 10:25 and 14 drivers were still out.

I didn't count empty DIAD slots last night at 10:40 but there were still a lot of empty ones when I went home.

Our dispatcher can't dispatch at this level. Still not enough cars or bodies and we had to return one rental this week.........

Overpaid Union Thug

I didn't count empty DIAD slots last night at 10:40 but there were still a lot of empty ones when I went home.

Our dispatcher can't dispatch at this level. Still not enough cars or bodies and we had to return one rental this week.........
If numerous drivers finished hours before all of you that were out late then it would appear that your On Roads and Manager suck at PM dispatching as well. Runners, and rivers with reasonable dispatches, should have been sent to help the rest of you.

I didn't count empty DIAD slots last night at 10:40 but there were still a lot of empty ones when I went home. Sandy

It gets dark here @ 18:12. Don’t you have a labor union?

oldupsman

I'm not a big computer guy so I don't know where this was posted,
but my sister-in-law sent my an ad for PVD's for UPS.
It said they were paying $38 an hour? Is that true?

ManInBrown

Republicans are anti-labor. Even if you support all their other stances you have to acknowledge that.
Agree, but at least they are honest about it. Demoncrats lie and pretend they are for the working man and woman like they were 30 years ago. Today’s demoncrats are the party of big tech, elitists, and hollyweird. They couldnt care less about working people. Anyone that thinks they do, is delusional. Amazon has some set of cajones, leftists in every single regard, and then the second unionization is creeping in down in Alabama, they run and cry to Republicans to protect them.

I agree. Don't come help me. That cuts into my OT. If dispatch decides to blow my route out one day, I bring it in at DOT hours or as close to it as possible.
Some people cannot handle their job. That being said, I’ve gotten help about 12 times in 25 years, in 8 centers.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I'm not a big computer guy so I don't know where this was posted,
but my sister-in-law sent my an ad for PVD's for UPS.
It said they were paying $38 an hour? Is that true?
Yes but they are not meant to be working now. It's not be negotiated anywhere after this december.

mrbrownstone

Very very simple solution to the problem that doesn’t involve politics…8 hour guys and overtime guys. I can happily live off of 40 hours a week and often times go home once a week to offset the unwanted forced overtime. Then, there are the overtime guys that can work all they legally want, which is definitely not me.