Hoffa and Teamsters Endorse Bill to Protect Pensions, Strengthen Multi-Employer Plans

Perhaps, but I don't think the proper remedy is to pull the carpet out from under retirees who's only culpability is being in the wrong place at the right time?
Not saying to throw them under the bus.just saying pension and don't work anymore. Especially the way these companies do more work withess people. Too many people collecting, not enough putting in.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The Hoffa/Hall zealots claim that the Teamsters were powerless to make cuts under federal law for the last 17 years.
So under that rational, isn't that same government under some obligation to assist in this transitional period and provide protection for those who will fall between the cracks while the system is reformed?

5habits100

The Hoffa/Hall zealots claim that the Teamsters were powerless to make cuts under federal law for the last 17 years.
So under that rational, isn't that same government under some obligation to assist in this transitional period and provide protection for those who will fall between the cracks while the system is reformed?
We agree on something. Holly.....

The problem is the government is so anti union right now they won't help any union. They want us to all go away.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The only part of the Teamster Magazine that I read are the back pages to see who friend*cked up.

Wasn't it quite refreshing to see, it limited to only a page and a half ?

Maybe.... all those New York Locals are starting to get the message. ;)

All Teamsters don't work for UPS.
We have many other vocations, like school bus drivers, who only make a fraction of what we make.

Granted.

That's a valid point.

But correspondingly.... their employer, doesn't make the same financial contribution

as UPS does. Hence, they don't "enjoy" the same level of benefits.

-Bug-

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wasn't it quite refreshing to see, it limited to only a page and a half ?

Maybe.... all those New York Locals are starting to get the message. ;)

Granted.

That's a valid point.

But correspondingly.... their employer, doesn't make the same financial contribution

as UPS does. Hence, they don't "enjoy" the same level of benefits.

-Bug-

What is your opinion on a taxpayer bailout of private pension funds?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Would you be willing to have your benefit reduced to ensure that theirs remained the same?
In the past 17 years, I would have been willing to consider any and all remedies to save the fund for all Teamsters, had any been presented to me.
Had that happened, and I voted for them, that would make me a martyr.
The retirees whose pensions are to be cut, after the fact, have no choice and are therefore victims.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In the past 17 years, I would have been willing to consider any and all remedies to save the fund had they been presented to me.
Had that happened, and I voted for them, that would make me a martyr.
The retirees whose pensions are to be cut, after the fact, have no choice and are therefore victims.

Our pension fund (Upstate NY) is currently in a rehabilitation plan. We voted to divert part of our raises to the fund. Didn't work as we are still in critical status. I personally hope the company buys us out.

The only guarantees in life are death and taxes.

tireknocker

Election year politics is all this is!!!..............they will cut......2018 UPS makes a play for all of the pension.........majority of us under Teamcare and all of us under IBT/UPS pension plan

member6045

Taxpayers should not bail out mismanaged private pension funds.

Did you avoid reading the part that states (The cost to cover these retirees and workers will be covered by closing tax loopholes used by the very wealthy.) I'm sure most of us are not making $500,000 a year. We have been paying for the rich since the day we started working.