HOFFA , HALL AND OBRIEN campaign announcement

804brown

Tdu/ republicans have the same Philosophy. They state an issue which they don't like! But have no way or means of fixing the problem bye working with other teamsters with different mind sets to make change.
Actually, TDU and repubs are at opposite ends philosophically. Repubs are beholden to the 1% and Corporate America while TDU are on the side of the working class in their fight for economic and social justice. If anything TDU is more like what the Tea Party is to the Repub Party. It tries to make our union more democratic and progressive and representative. But I can see how it can be confusing. Just on BC I have seen some "reformers" on union issues have some rt wing views on politics. I also see some Old Guard union people on here posting some very progressive things.

804brown

It's because, the more money UPS people make.... the more right wing they become.

How many left wing democrat feeder drivers do you know ?

-Bug-
That in my opinion makes them a Me ster. Thats more "Ive got mine and thats all I care about" politics. Certainly a person who does not believe in solidarity and an injustice to one is an injustice to all.

What world do you live in?? When other locals were lucky to just keep what they already had, our local extracted much from management. While other supplements buckled under, our local got us 150 new FT jobs, a needed update in the grievance procedure (the panels), more summer vacations, as well as a huge increase in our pensions while keeping 25 and out (something Howie and his boys were willing to give away).
Who exactly is "a follower of Dave L"?? He is only an organizer at TDU. He is a smart guy who has been around for awhile with lots of knowledge of union contracts and union politics. If anything Dave is more a backer of Tim and this reform local than anything. Dave also worked with Ron Carey in the 1990s: both for his campaigns and speeches and ADVISING too!!
So stop being afraid of the TDU boogey man. TDU is not your/our enemy. UPS is!! Focus on the real enemy at hand .
Let me know how that works out for you with your pension that's in critical status about ten years from now. Members will be cursing Sylvesters name.

Be careful not to be too educated. You need to dumb down your posts a bit. They make too much sense.
I actually have come in contact with quite a few local 804 members that are less than pleased with Tim Ss accomplishments. Remember this. You only can go as far as your members will vote you into. Timmys worried about the plans for the entire country but he's got some real fires he's going to have to put out at home. Like I always say happy wife happy life well Tim needs to adopt this for him local. Happy local happy life. He could be back at ups.

804brown

TDU is run like a communist dictatorship.
Actually, TDU is very democratic in nature. It is run by a group called the Steering Committee, elected by the membership, which sets the agenda for the year, works on the monthly Teamster Voice, works on local issues and elections, helps to train reformers take back their unions or maintain control of their unions, the convention, etc. Quite the opposite of the top down kiss-the-ring hierarchy of the current International clan. That is a big difference in the factions: the Old Guard worship individual leaders and their cult of personality while TDU is more a movement based on empowering the rank and file and pressing/lobbying for progressive change and policies.