Hooray for Sheriff Joe and Steven Segal Who Apprehended A Heinous Villian

No. What I am saying is that if it is worth doing, it is worth paying for. If we do it, we do it together and set your disdain for "them" aside and decide that "we" are going to do it and "we" are going to pay for it.
WE are already paying for it but not getting it. the responsibility has been in the hands of the feds for generations, a portion of our tax money should be going toward that goal. However they don;t have enough to go around because of all the pork additions that have been made over the years, even with taxes going up steadily. There are many of those pork appropriations that are not constitutionally the feds responsibility. Earlier you said :
Somehow people think everything would be fine if only we got rid of waste fraud and abuse. I think it shows a complete lack of comprehension of the mammoth cost we are talking about.
You're right that just getting rid of the waste and abuse won't bridge the gigantic cap. But it would be a damn site more than doing absolutely nothing. I dare say that every agency within the US government wastes more money every month than you and I (using full time driver scale) combined earn/earned in a year....some of them waste that much per day.
I agree that it should be WE....I'm not sure who you mean by.."Them".

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Bbsam

WE have paid for it. Paid enough to have had it done 10 times over. No disdain on my part, except for the politicians that keep on making the process more expensive and less focused.

Kinda like expecting the preload to do a good job, and be done before start time, but yet you have 4 preload sups, 2 delivery sups, center manager, safety manager, 2 feeder managers, LP, and 9 drivers all telling them to do things differently. And we wonder why we can not succeed.

Develop a plan, and follow the plan. So far, all we have had was a circle jerk with the tax payer in the middle.

d