How do I secure a package even though it's addressed under another person's name?

Cartoondude135

I want to order a very expensive item but my credit card's credit limit is impeding my ability to order big things. So I have to turn to my mother and her credit card to get my item shipped to my home address.

We both live together at the same house (I'm an adult child), but I need to know something in regards to ordering stuff (and I reside in Canada): How do I acquire the package from the post office that's meant for me even though it's addressed and written under my mother's name? Because I'm not sure if anyone else experienced this, but should the writer/requester of the package die/perish/lose their life in an accident of some sort just before the package addressed to you arrives, how can you acquire the package even though it was written under your parent's name? Whether it's held at Canada Post or UPS Canada?

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I want to order a very expensive item but my credit card's credit limit is impeding my ability to order big things. So I have to turn to my mother and her credit card to get my item shipped to my home address.

We both live together at the same house (I'm an adult child), but I need to know something in regards to ordering stuff (and I reside in Canada): How do I acquire the package from the post office that's meant for me even though it's addressed and written under my mother's name? Because I'm not sure if anyone else experienced this, but should the writer/requester of the package die/perish/lose their life in an accident of some sort just before the package addressed to you arrives, how can you acquire the package even though it was written under your parent's name? Whether it's held at Canada Post or UPS Canada?
@Jkloc420 can help you

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger

I’ll send you a big thing it might hurt though.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Dude, are you planning to off your mom before your package gets there? Also, why are you so in debt that you’re living with Mom and you’re having to use her credit card?

Cartoondude135

Dude, are you planning to off your mom before your package gets there? Also, why are you so in debt that you’re living with Mom and you’re having to use her credit card?
It took me a freaking year and a half to find my credit card in the moving pile as we moved to a new house in West Vancouver. And now that it's activated, it has a small credit limit. Credit limits take time to build before I can order something very expensive.

542thruNthru

Worst advice possible, DO NOT pm @Jkloc420 for this matter. Please just tag him and ask your questions in the public forum, so that the rest of us can see this play out.....you know, so we know how to do this in case we move in with our parents in canada...
tenor-29.gif

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Sorry I’m still laughing at “adult child”.