How do YOU audit your airs before leaving?

UPSGUY72

I count the number of air packages, and look at the spa to verify they belong on the truck, if I have time I will put them in delivery order. if I am missing any, I send a message to center before leaving building.

I don't look at the spa/pal I look at the label to make sure it's the correct package... Could have a bad spa/pal.

PT Car Washer

Rookie method begins around 7:45am.

I have to travel 3 cities, in traffic to get to my route. When I touch down there is no time to fiddle around trying to find this and that. Lucked out last week just because there was a low UOW count for each commit stop. It's easy to find 1-3 UOW compared to my typical 6-12 count.
Explain "UOW" count. I know I well sound stupid for asking but is a new term for me.

Indecisi0n

1) Get into a half empty truck
2) Become super excited because I can eat dinner at a normal time, shower and play with my socks
3) Check the pals on my air
4) Realize I am in the wrong truck
5) Find my truck brick loaded and lose all motivation
6) At this point I could really careless if I have all my air or not

Ghost in the Darkness

Any other centers have problems getting EDD released by the time they do PCM atleast? Seems everyday I'm pre-tripped and ready to roll but waiting on EDD. They don't release it until the last minute because of drivers who will contest stops that they think they shouldn have. All it does is make the rest of us wait around.

I could find those bad addresses that are prbly paled wrong and get them to the right guy. But UPS doesn't care so I don't either anymore.

BrownThunder

1) Get into a half empty truck
2) Become super excited because I can eat dinner at a normal time, shower and play with my socks
3) Check the pals on my air
4) Realize I am in the wrong truck
5) Find my truck brick loaded and lose all motivation
6) At this point I could really careless if I have all my air or not

Lmao!

Been there! Only in reverse!

"What the f_ck?!?!"
"Oh... Not my truck[emoji28]"

mdnj88

Any other centers have problems getting EDD released by the time they do PCM atleast? Seems everyday I'm pre-tripped and ready to roll but waiting on EDD. They don't release it until the last minute because of drivers who will contest stops that they think they shouldn have. All it does is make the rest of us wait around.

I could find those bad addresses that are prbly paled wrong and get them to the right guy. But UPS doesn't care so I don't either anymore.

Yes by us this goes on. Very frustrating. I know you can look on Orion screen but it's not that same

FilingBluesFL

Today I got on the car and just counted the number of airs, and the number of airs matched the number in the board.

Whoops, a misloaded air today. Too bad, so sad.

Idiots.

BrownThunder

I feel good when I find a Miss sort and hand it off to its rightful driver. Especially if it's an NDA. I'm new though what do I know.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
If misloaded airs are as commonplace as this thread would suggest, y'all are dealing with some truly sorry loaders.

mrbrownstone

Very interesting thread. In my center we aren't instructed to verify or airs. I never even knew they could print you out an air manifest.

I used to worry about verifyng my airs but not anymore.

I will try to check them against my diad for my own benefit but the times I couldn't find one and told a sup they would just say "send a message if you can't find it" on road. They really don't seem to care so I gave up telling them in the morning.

UPSjedi41

Very interesting thread. In my center we aren't instructed to verify or airs. I never even knew they could print you out an air manifest.

I used to worry about verifyng my airs but not anymore.

I will try to check them against my diad for my own benefit but the times I couldn't find one and told a sup they would just say "send a message if you can't find it" on road. They really don't seem to care so I gave up telling them in the morning.

Sounds like us here. As long as you send in your missing air before 10:30 it doesn't seem to matter.

AllOnTheHorses

very common to find misloaded air.. I try to count my air, find misloaded air (in section 1 only), if I find any, I take it to my sup (or neighboring truck) before leaving building.. it actually does save them time and stress on them and maybe the other driver does not waste time looking for something.. so perhaps it makes for goodwill, maybe not.. but I feel it is the right way to do it.

FilingBluesFL

If misloaded airs are as commonplace as this thread would suggest, y'all are dealing with some truly sorry loaders.

I had 14 misloads that day, not including the air. Soooo.... *shrug*

I'm not doing any verifying/working before pcm, and there's no time to do it after, so I just don't do it.

No one said BEFORE PCM. This is done after PCM, before pre-trip. Unlike Upstate, I don't work for free.