How do you deal with other employees talking :censored: to you about your work?

textat3

Just start talking Jesus and ask them if they are saved and if they want to say a little prayer with you...they will disappear real quick.

El Correcto

god is dead
The other day someone placed a 120+ pound irreg on the belt which came hurtling down the charge towards me at high speeds. I dodged it and let it and fall on the grating and since it was too massive to fit down the bottom slide, I pseudo deadlifted it down the stairs into the irreg area.

This irreverent old black woman who is known in the hub for ‘taking no ****’ then exclaims ‘ Them *s are expensive don’t throw them like that!’ . I felt like saying ‘ well you try to lift it then!’ but kind of just shook my head and walked away. How do you handle being criticized by other employees?
Sounds like you messed up and an older employee corrected your attitude. In that situation I just listen to them.

If it’s someone just straight up talking to you like a dog you go to your union steward as a grace to the fellow teamster. Then to management if the situation doesn’t get through to the employee.

11.19igrad

You should learn to adjust a handbrake
if someone you loved or yourself was killed or hurt because ups didn't want to mention it in training or demonstrate it even once- i doubt you would just say oh well i guess the shmuck didnt think to start randomly twisting stuff and using his "life lessons". no. you would sue for a billion dollars or someone one would for you. so stfu.

Integrity

Binge Poster
pm me if you would like...
Always remember there a lot of people who come to the BC who are IMO not very nice people, there are a lot who are nice too.

Same goes for UPS there are a lot of hourly and management employees who IMO are not very nice people, there are a lot that are nice too.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
you guys would look at a brick wall and insist it was a metal fence.

the only alarm in these trucks is for the ebrake.

the ebrake was engaged, there was no alarm going off, the truck sat there for over 2 minutes.
say that when you watch everything you busted your ass off go up in smoke
Here's the deal, nobody is perfect. I've experienced having everything blow up in my face, from a career far longer than your stent here. The correct course of action is to learn from your mistakes, don't look to blame others, become better. That's what led me here. But it seems you can't get past that you were so unfairly treated which wasn't the case. The company saw you as a liability and severed ties.

11.19igrad

Here's the deal, nobody is perfect. I've experienced having everything blow up in my face, from a career far longer than your stent here. The correct course of action is to learn from your mistakes, don't look to blame others, become better. That's what led me here. But it seems you can't get past that you were so unfairly treated which wasn't the case. The company saw you as a liability and severed ties.
whats a liability is how ups doesnt have ANY prior experience requirements, CDL licensure and ALSO doesn't train new drivers on routes!! we got first class treatment to atlanta to sit in a classroom!! it doesnt add up with this whole "figure it out we dont care ur replaceable" act they have going on. everyone talking big crap about me just "getting over it" is only doing the job because OTHER people argued and VOTED for them to have that pay and those benefits. way before they worked there.

for christs sake, if youre so big and bad then take grievances away and the union away and then see how much crap you talk! if you guys couldnt grieve any little thing... YOU WOULDN'T WORK here!!

11.19igrad

and ill add this. im mixed and i was with a black driver one saturday. a white driver told us he had that truck the day prior and wrote it up for
smoking and overheating. i told my sup what he said and was dismissed. they did not take it out of the line up, they made two brown drivers take it out and cursed me out for 2 hours when i called about it smoking before i finally parked and said im not doing more work until you replace this truck. white sup of course. a white union steward had over 7 accidents before they gave him a full time hub job. didnt fire him. so save your crap about liability. if ur white- ehhh they can make what they want go away. i'm brown. thats my liability. racist white supremacy plain as day. all the management everyone who decides everything is white.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
i'm brown. thats my liability. racist white supremacy plain as day. all the management everyone who decides everything is white.
I'm brown too, what's your next excuse? You've chosen to play victim. I choose to take control of my life and steer it in a positive way. Obstacles happen to us all, but how we respond is what determines our fate. Countless people on here are trying to show you the keys to success, but no, keep playing victim, the world is unfair and against you.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
and ill add this. im mixed and i was with a black driver one saturday. a white driver told us he had that truck the day prior and wrote it up for
smoking and overheating. i told my sup what he said and was dismissed. they did not take it out of the line up, they made two brown drivers take it out and cursed me out for 2 hours when i called about it smoking before i finally parked and said im not doing more work until you replace this truck. white sup of course. a white union steward had over 7 accidents before they gave him a full time hub job. didnt fire him. so save your crap about liability. if ur white- ehhh they can make what they want go away. i'm brown. thats my liability. racist white supremacy plain as day. all the management everyone who decides everything is white.

Ok, you got screwed and blame it on your skin color. Sorry.

Don’t you think you should put it behind you and move on with your life?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
You had a roll away in training, that’s a fireable offense, get over it.