how long can ups go back to dicipline someone

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by coldworld, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

is there a limit on how far ups can go back in time to give verbal warning, written warnings or a termination. Can ups go back 6 months or a year without being previously aware of an action and give a warning letter or fire you?

2. magoo57

magoo57 Member

Hi! I am Magoo57 and this is my first post.I am ap/t supe and I have had to write someone up on their "Pittsburgh" sheet. I have been told that the contract states that I have 10 businees days to write up any single infraction. BUT any offenses of the same nature within a year would mean progressive discipline. ( I also tell my people that I would purge any offense from the record after 90 days of acceptable behavior. I don't know if that is contract, but it seems only fair.

3. roach

roach WGASA(Google It):>)

magoo57 -

Check your PM's.

roach

4. NOYB

NOYB New Member

LOOKS LIKE MGOO IS GETTING PM'D SOME ADVICE ON HOW not TO GET HIMSELF IN HOT WATER.sorry caps

5. brownhorn

brownhorn Member

Wow!! One post and already in hot water with the bosses!! You at least tied the record.

6. roach

roach WGASA(Google It):>)

Don't know about that, but NOYB hit the nail on the head - just some "fatherly advice" from someone who knows all too well about being in "hot water" - :devil: .

roach