How much advance notice to change start time following a holiday?

cynic

"Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."

Pretty basic question, apologies, but we don't have a steward that works on Saturdays in our HUB. The PT sup and hub management posted start times for this upcoming Wednesday that is 2 hours earlier than the normal scheduled start time and conflicts with my "day job" along with a couple other PT'ers like myself.

The question being how much advance notice is required to change start times (in this case 4 days) and if the notification is not within the time period, what are our rights?

cynic

Thanks, they'll see me at my regular start time on Tuesday since the PT sup told us on Saturday. Freakin' morons.

The geniuses always change our start times based on "paranoia" and the volume never actually increases to justify the change in start times. I wish they'd train the PT sup's how to actually manage instead of filling them with fear daily - the PT sup's run around looking like they're going to have a panic attack throughout the sort. Or maybe not, I like my grievance money...

any change in start time is to be made 24 hours before start time anything other that that is not enough time, but personally i feel 4 days is more then enough time.....im sure you not busier then everyone else in ups who was able to change there plans with a 4 day notice, i understand this problem is long past but this is deeper then just this one time....im sure if you friend asked you to go to a concert that day you would be able to change your plans around in 4 days but when its ups you just say they are way out of line and say go friend off ups, and as for management being "morons" you have to understand your PT sup was just a normal loader or unloader just like you before he became a sup and has almost as much info about the day to day operation as you do, so plz for one second dont think that we are on the inside waiting for a chance to screw you guys over because we are just trying to pay bills keep the hub going and go home its not you vs us.....its us vs the boxes coming at us :)

upschuck

so plz for one second dont think that we are on the inside waiting for a chance to screw you guys over because we are just trying to pay bills keep the hub going and go home its not you vs us.....its us vs the boxes coming at us
That is exactly what hub employees feel because they get screamed at, told how bad they are, and downright degredated by the sups. If it were us v box, then you would help facilitate(not do) the work, and treat their subordinates with respect.

im not sure what hub you work at but i have never seen a sup scream, degrade, or yell at a employee and this is me being 4 years as a loader and 2 years of being a sup as of right now.....no one is ever told how bad they are, if your talking about a sup telling someone that they need to pick it up when they are loading at 150 PPH then we will just agree to disagree because it is one thing to work at a speed that is safe but also efficient and it is a completely different thing for a person to be loading 2.5 boxes a min, thats the problem with respect everyone wants it but no one wants to work for it. I will do anything i can for my employees but when it comes to respect i only have that for a select few that i know show up ready to work with me everyday to be safe and get the job done.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
im not sure what hub you work at but i have never seen a sup scream, degrade, or yell at a employee and this is me being 4 years as a loader and 2 years of being a sup as of right now.....no one is ever told how bad they are, if your talking about a sup telling someone that they need to pick it up when they are loading at 150 PPH then we will just agree to disagree because it is one thing to work at a speed that is safe but also efficient and it is a completely different thing for a person to be loading 2.5 boxes a min, thats the problem with respect everyone wants it but no one wants to work for it. I will do anything i can for my employees but when it comes to respect i only have that for a select few that i know show up ready to work with me everyday to be safe and get the job done.
Did you ever manager to get more employees to respect you? Are any of them drivers now?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

What’s your pph

Future

Victory Ride
Last time management tried to pull that crap with me. They said we will let you know...I said ok fine...they said this is your start time for today..I said good..now im calling off...never ever happened again!..Dont screw with me
2B801019-C230-4194-BAF7-91C2B97EF415.gif