How Nervous does your senior look now that GPS is activated?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
wait back on topic... we were being tracked for a while now, but i guess i don't give a damn as long as i DRed all my stops properly

the only thing i got from this thread was Ground was on the Verizon network, while Express is on ATT ?!? guess Mr. Smith likes to keep those opcos separate that way ~ when we are all turning into Ground from what i've skimmed on the other threads

Purplepackage

wait back on topic... we were being tracked for a while now, but i guess i don't give a damn as long as i DRed all my stops properly

the only thing i got from this thread was Ground was on the Verizon network, while Express is on ATT ?!? guess Mr. Smith likes to keep those opcos separate that way ~ when we are all turning into Ground from what i've skimmed on the other threads

I heard there are new power pads in the works, maybe ground and express will get the same ones

vantexan

No offense is intended, but what the hell are you talking about now? Is it another "This one time, I had an experience of some sort, so therefore all of the existing empirical data must be flawed" thing that you're so fond of?
You were the one who brought up empirical data. Apparently you are aware of empirical data that disproves all my experiences. Apparently real world experiences mean nothing to you. For example, I've heard enough mgrs in enough locations in different districts tell newhires that they would top out in 7-8 years to have a valid statistical sample. You have said that my experience isn't valid, that I operate in the realm of tin foil hats and black helicopters(your words). Obviously you have a need, for whatever reason, to shut down any criticism that puts FedEx in a bad light. Luckily FedEx does a pretty good job besmirching itself, doesn't matter what you say about me. But really dude, it's pathetic what they've done and how you defend them.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You were the one who brought up empirical data. Apparently you are aware of empirical data that disproves all my experiences. Apparently real world experiences mean nothing to you. For example, I've heard enough mgrs in enough locations in different districts tell newhires that they would top out in 7-8 years to have a valid statistical sample. You have said that my experience isn't valid, that I operate in the realm of tin foil hats and black helicopters(your words). Obviously you have a need, for whatever reason, to shut down any criticism that puts FedEx in a bad light. Luckily FedEx does a pretty good job besmirching itself, doesn't matter what you say about me. But really dude, it's pathetic what they've done and how you defend them.
Dano sold his soul to Fred real cheap years ago and there's no getting it back.

vantexan

There is no greater endorsement of FDX than you crawling back to it because you couldn't get anything better. Twice. Dude.
But why did I leave? Topped out employees went almost 4.5 years in the 90's without a raise while FedEx kept announcing record profits. Other couriers hung in there because they had families, mortgages, etc. Finally paid off for them. I was single, tried something else. Didn't work out, came back because it was what I knew and only thing I was trained for. Timing is everything. I missed the major pay adjustments they made to top out but they told me I would top out in 7-8 years. I came back in good faith, worked hard, looked to get back on track. But they weren't operating in good faith. They lied to us, expected us to work for a lot less to pay for those top out adjustments. We were turned into second class citizens at this company. So after 15 years and at only $18.17hr I quit again. That didn't work out so I came back. With my health issues probably would have a difficult time getting on somewhere else but knew with Fedex's high turnover they'd take back a trained courier. Of course they lied about not being able to give my old pay back. And of course you defend them because you are cut from the same cloth. And of course I wrote this long diatribe to tweak your short attention span. Liar.

Buhryein

Virtual Check rides and if a manager is looking to give you the shaft its one more tool for them to find a way to give you a letter or straight out termination.

Purplepackage

Virtual Check rides and if a manager is looking to give you the shaft its one more tool for them to find a way to give you a letter or straight out termination.

You nailed it right there "If a manager is looking to give you the shaft" even with an active GPS things at Fedex will always come down to favoritism, the falsifiers will continue and so will working through breaks. If your a managers pet it won't matter

fatboy33

You nailed it right there "If a manager is looking to give you the shaft" even with an active GPS things at Fedex will always come down to favoritism, the falsifiers will continue and so will working through breaks. If your a managers pet it won't matter
Talk of GPS having the ability to calculate and record a drivers MPH has everyone at this station watching their speed which is a good thing. But we've been getting more, "We're not making goal.." speeches. Purplepackage has a point. If a manager has it out for a driver, pulling out his report which reads 10-15 MPH over posted, he'll have ammo to get rid of that driver however keep a driver who drives at the same pace because they fish together on Sunday mornings.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Talk of GPS having the ability to calculate and record a drivers MPH has everyone at this station watching their speed which is a good thing. But we've been getting more, "We're not making goal.." speeches. Purplepackage has a point. If a manager has it out for a driver, pulling out his report which reads 10-15 MPH over posted, he'll have ammo to get rid of that driver however keep a driver who drives at the same pace because they fish together on Sunday mornings.

The only time they will use GPS recorded speed with us is to either support or dispute a customer concern.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Because.......drum roll here.......you are represented by a UNION. Fedex claims carte blanc on all information at their disposal, to be used at managers' discretion.

They can use ours as well---the only time they choose to use it is when they have to.

There is little the Union can do to protect someone speeding through a residential neighborhood.

Star B

White Lightening
There is little the Union can do to protect someone speeding through a residential neighborhood.

Express: MGMT: You were caught speeding thru a neighborhood because the neighborhood grass length measurer said you were speeding and your HAND HELD device registered a GPS reading of 25.1MPH while in a 25. Plus I don't like the way you looked at me two weeks ago when I told you to get on your knees and bless my feet.
You: But..
MGMT: No.
You: *Fired*

UPS: MGMT: You were...
You: Steward Please!
*Steward Present*
MGMT: caught speeding because your TRUCK MOUNTED GPS said you were a lead foot doing 25.1 in a 25. Plus I didn't like how you didn't bend over for me yesterday during PCM.
Union: RAWWWWWWR
You: Fired
You: Rehired
You: Still gets paid.