How to sheet Stops in Diad

at this particular complex this is how ive always done it. most of the intercoms dont work there, and on the rare occasion that i attempt to call someone and REACH them, they will ask me to leave it at the office anyway. the office is fine with it, and so are the tenants. the office just asks that i leave notes for peopple so they know to come and get there pkg.

at this particular complex this is how ive always done it. most of the intercoms dont work there, and on the rare occasion that i attempt to call someone and REACH them, they will ask me to leave it at the office anyway. the office is fine with it, and so are the tenants. the office just asks that i leave notes for peopple so they know to come and get there pkg.
and that's all well and good, but if you sheet it as more than one stop you can be fired for dishonesty.

i dont know, im pretty sure ive done it with a sup on car with me. as a matter of fact i seem to remember being told to do it this way, because before i was taking TWO stops for each. one when i went to the apt, then another when i delivered to office. now i put them all in pre and enter them as left at office. i dont think there is a problem with that. they are seperate stops, just being delivered to one place.

just like a business i deliver to has 4 different addresses, i give all the packeges to one guy, but get 4 stops for it. now ive done that with my center manager on car with me and he had no problem with it, as long as i was doing it the way it was in edd.

i dont know, im pretty sure ive done it with a sup on car with me. as a matter of fact i seem to remember being told to do it this way, because before i was taking TWO stops for each. one when i went to the apt, then another when i delivered to office. now i put them all in pre and enter them as left at office. i dont think there is a problem with that. they are seperate stops, just being delivered to one place.

just like a business i deliver to has 4 different addresses, i give all the packeges to one guy, but get 4 stops for it. now ive done that with my center manager on car with me and he had no problem with it, as long as i was doing it the way it was in edd.
Fine, but if LP ever gets a wild hair, they can claim you are padding stops. Few CMs would back you up on that, it could mean problems for him/her.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Fine, but if LP ever gets a wild hair, they can claim you are padding stops. Few CMs would back you up on that, it could mean problems for him/her.

Wrong, if you leave a note on the door you attempted the stop. If you have 2 businesses next to each other and you know one is closed do you not leave a note on it's door when you take the package next door and take credit for 2 stops?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wrong, if you leave a note on the door you attempted the stop. If you have 2 businesses next to each other and you know one is closed do you not leave a note on it's door when you take the package next door and take credit for 2 stops?

This is assuming that you have a package for the business next door; if not, and you are simply indirecting the stop, you would only get credit for one stop.

brownelf

But what happens the day that one tenant who's pissed off at someone you're completely unaware of calls in a concern regarding your delivery method at that apartment. LP gets involved and brings up padding stops, I guarantee your management team will throw you under the bus to save there own butts. I've witnessed this firsthand many times. If you value your job, and you're putting notes on the doors anyway, make the del attempt. Tell the people it's the rules and you must follow them. Cover your butt and you'll have a longer career at UPS. good luck

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
This will get you fired. Leaving packages at an alternate delivery point, without attempting the actual delivery to the actual address is padding stops. Period. Any good manager would have an easy job getting rid of you for doing this.

d
Though I understand what you are getting at, we have never had an issue with this here. We have several assited living complexes. There are several different delivery methods for these. Some are all taken to the office. Some are delivered to individual doors. And then the there is the case of heavy pkgs, that would normally go to the office, delivered directly to the individual apt. I think alot of this goes to common sense, both on the drivers part and on mgts part. Ya ya, I know, one has to have common sense before it can be applied. LOL :happy-very: