how to sheet up hard to find stops?

I think if you go to the UPS website, it will tell you we deliver to every address blah blah blah.

But I bet it doesn't say, "unless there's no number on your house".

I think the customer would get a refund if we sheeted it as NSN when it is a good address.

LOL, you may be clairvoyant, but I'm not. I don't disagree that NSN is not the absolute correct input, however it is closer than anything else they allow us to use. I don't just simply give up when the houses are unmarked, I do stop and ask a couple of places when "signs of life" are present. To continue to search in vain is a bad business decision, it takes too much time and time is money. MISSED is not a valid input because an attempt was made. Good luck on getting UP$ to payout a refund when the house is unmarked.
But I bet it doesn't say, "unless there's no number on your house".
I bet it doesn't say alot of things it should.

paidslave

I definately agree with this should not be sheeted as a MISSED package. If a valid attempt was made by the driver ie: trying to locate the house but has a hard time finding it. This is a valid attempt and sheeting it missed is lying when the manager ask you why you sheeted it missed!

It has nothing to do with spors. I had one last week where I couldn't not find and spent some time looking for it to avoid a missed package. I sheeted it nsn! How much time do we have to make credible efforts and to sheet it missed is insane!

mgator39

Were not allowed to use "non delivery...other...other" Manager says when customer tracks package they cant tell why it wasnt delivered. We must choose one of the options from first screen.

browniehound

Were not allowed to use "non delivery...other...other" Manager says when customer tracks package they cant tell why it wasnt delivered. We must choose one of the options from first screen.

I've been told this also. My response is "What the heck is it an option in the DIAD then?":confused2:

tourists24

I've been told this also. My response is "What the heck is it an option in the DIAD then?":confused2:

Yep... Ive wondered about this for a long time now..... I used to say the same about the "need direc" choice until they finally took it out.... but the other/other is still there but we cant use it

over9five

Staff member
"What the heck is it an option in the DIAD then?"

We were told there is only one reason you can use other other. Here in Mass we can't deliver alcohol. So if you find yourself with a wine box, you wouldn't deliver it and sheet it other other.

Typical UPS that I do this, but Browniehound does not. We're both in Mass....

1timer

It seems to me to be pretty obvious that it is sheeted NSN. If a house is unmarked then there is in fact no such number on that street. If you get the pkg back the next day with directions (Blue house, 3rd from the corner...) then make sure you get a signiture to insure a correct delivery.

I carry a permanent marker with me so when I get an unmarked house I write it on the inside of their mailbox after I insure a correct delivery.

Docparcel79

"What the heck is it an option in the DIAD then?"

We were told there is only one reason you can use other other. Here in Mass we can't deliver alcohol. So if you find yourself with a wine box, you wouldn't deliver it and sheet it other other.

Typical UPS that I do this, but Browniehound does not. We're both in Mass....
Over9five you don't deliver those wine boxes??? I've only had about 5 since we've been delivering them, I alway's DR those boxes. I also work in MA. On the "other-other" button we were instructed by any means not to use it.

upsman68

I had a cover driver covering my route. There was a stop on a dead end street. I always have to back down it because I have an old p1000 with no power steering and can not turn around on the driveway.

Well anyway this driver covering my route puts not in one and the remarks puts no power steering.

Well the customer yells at me the next day and I had to settle him down.

I really need a new package car. No power steering and no 3 pt seatbelt. The car is 24 years old.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had a cover driver covering my route. There was a stop on a dead end street. I always have to back down it because I have an old p1000 with no power steering and can not turn around on the driveway.

Well anyway this driver covering my route puts not in one and the remarks puts no power steering.

Well the customer yells at me the next day and I had to settle him down.

I really need a new package car. No power steering and no 3 pt seatbelt. The car is 24 years old.

What you really need is for your cover driver to get off his lazy ass and do the job the way that he and all of us was/were taught to do it.

rod

Retired 22 years
What ever happened to the CL option? (can't locate). I guess being honest about not being able to find a certain address isn't an option anymore? We even had some guys use WL (won't locate) if it was one of those 20 mailboxes at the end of a long driveway with no names or numbers on them. "Need directions" was really all we needed to write on a pkg and give it to the night clerk. She would then attempt to find a phone number and get directions and the pkg would be delivered the next day. Yes we made an attempt to find the person on the first day but some people just plain like to hide. (you city slickers and desk drivers probably don't understand that). I once had a guy scream at me on the phone that the postman put mail in his box every day so if he could find it we should be able to. He refused to give me directions ----------------------------so I sent his pkg back as refused. Never heard anything more about it.

osborn681

Missed would be fine, but in my center we are not allowed to have "missed" packages. One driver a while back became so discouraged by not being able to locate the right house,..he drove down the road and threw the package in the ditch!!!

tfinnegan

happy exupser
Leave them at the mailboxes at the street with a note inside the d/r bag with the pkg. "NEED NUMBERS ON YOUR HOUSE IF YOU WANT IT BROUGHT TO CORRECT HOUSE" Thank you for using UPS!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Leave them at the mailboxes at the street with a note inside the d/r bag with the pkg. "NEED NUMBERS ON YOUR HOUSE IF YOU WANT IT BROUGHT TO CORRECT HOUSE" Thank you for using UPS!

...which will be followed up with a note in your driver slot from the center manager with two words: SEE ME!!

sano

Missed would be fine, but in my center we are not allowed to have "missed" packages. One driver a while back became so discouraged by not being able to locate the right house,..he drove down the road and threw the package in the ditch!!!
Discouraged? Is it possible he will be even more discouraged when he loses his job?