How will “8.6%” inflation affect Brown?

Up In Smoke

This generation doesn’t know how to save.
The percentage of adults investing is at a 13 year high and up 6% over the last 6 years. I'm fairly sure that's not grandma and grandpa entering the market. I help conduct investing seminars at our local senior center and most are 20 somethings.

Thebrownblob

The percentage of adults investing is at a 13 year high and up 6% over the last 6 years. I'm fairly sure that's not grandma and grandpa entering the market. I help conduct investing seminars at our local senior center and most are 20 somethings.
Sorry I don’t know where you have your head in the clouds. Most people could not afford $1000 emergency.

And yes, we’ve heard your bloviating it’s obnoxious.

Up In Smoke

Sorry I don’t know where you have your head in the clouds. Most people could not afford $1000 emergency.

And yes, we’ve heard your bloviating it’s obnoxious.
I'm sorry, but I don't take your opinions as fact. The younger generation is saving and investing. I don't doubt the fact that the majority of Americans can't absorb a 1k emergency because of savings and spending habits. Most 401k programs require 6-10% be invested by the employee to trigger the company match. With the average American saving 2-3% per year and adding 6% for retirement savings, the emergency fund can be severely fragile.

Thebrownblob

I'm sorry, but I don't take your opinions as fact. The younger generation is saving and investing. I don't doubt the fact that the majority of Americans can't absorb a 1k emergency because of savings and spending habits. Most 401k programs require 6-10% be invested by the employee to trigger the company match. With the average American saving 2-3% per year and adding 6% for retirement savings, the emergency fund can be severely fragile.
Well, that’s why I referenced the news article.

And investing is not the same as saving. I hope you’re telling these people they need to get their rainy day nest egg before they start going crazy with investing you need to be liquid enough to handle problems as they come..

Two or three less Starbucks coffees a week for make a nice emergency fund

Up In Smoke

Well, that’s why I referenced the news article.

And investing is not the same as saving. I hope you’re telling these people they need to get their rainy day nest egg before they start going crazy with investing you need to be liquid enough to handle problems as they come..
Yes, we encourage a 3 months worth of wages in liquid savings prior to any large purchase or retirement deduction. Unfortunately, almost no one secures this before moving to step two. The wants outweigh the needs. I've gotten the message through to my children and they are well on their way, but other people's children are harder to guide.

Thebrownblob

Yes, we encourage a 3 months worth of wages in liquid savings prior to any large purchase or retirement deduction. Unfortunately, almost no one secures this before moving to step two. The wants outweigh the needs. I've gotten the message through to my children and they are well on their way, but other people's children are harder to guide.
I’ve gotten through to two out of three of my kids LOL

Thebrownblob

1676841849465.png

This averages and medians are shockingly low. People are not saving enough or investing enough end of story.