How Will They Rate The Bush Legacy?

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
It is dishonest to say that Democrats are liberals who act like liberals? That is my whole point when it comes to their honesty. I did not say they had wise positions, just that they are honest in their liberalness :wink2: (is there such a word as liberalness? hehe)

Sammie

Hopefully you are not connecting IRAQ to 911, I'd like to say you have some integrity.

Plain and simply, what cave have you been living in for the past 8 years? Billions of people world wide, Muslims included, were sickened by 9/11.

No one, no one, no one organized this country or the world to fight against the terrorist threat that occured on 9/11 until W.

And as to me connecting Iraq to 9/11, check out this little video. No wonder W. was so critical of his father.

Al Gore Discusses the tie between Iraq and Terrorism in 1992

We destroyed a country, we ruined the way of life for another race of peoples. We tried to force our will on a nation that never asked us to. We were not invited into IRAQ to change they way IRAQIs lives their lives.

We went in solely for money, greed and power.

Then why do I personally know so many military people who have been to Iraq and tell me that the locals love us and support us more than those in this country do?

I suggest you do some research on the HOME OWNERSHIP
SOCIETY

W. promoted home ownership, especially among minorities, but he never advocated risky loans, you big dork.

the DOWN PAYMENT INVESTMENT ACT

This helped low income families with down payments and closing costs and has nothing to do with families who buy homes they can't afford.

and THE DOWNPAYMENT ASSISTANCE ACT of 2002.

The Down Payment Investment and Down Payment Assistance Act is one and the same.

Bush spoke before Congress for many years, asking for a government sponsored enterprise to reform Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and the Federal Home Loan Banking System 17 times in 2008 alone.

But his warnings were ignored as Congress denied there were no problems, despite a $1.2 billion accounting error in Fannie Mae's past.

So get off W's case and put the blame where it belongs, on the Dem’s in Congress.

I have no respect for GW BUSHED and never will, I am an american.:dead:

Nobody said you had to like the guy. But until you've been found capable enough to be elected to that office and can make those tough decisions, you should have respect for those who do.

Last edited:

chev

Nightcrawler
Finally, we have someone to put on the food stamp!!!!!!!
Actually you are right, but it is Obama that would be the perfect poster boy for the food stamp. I mean the libs are the "hand out" party. :wink2:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Why are we still in Iraq? Obama said he would withdrawal immediately.
Logistics.
The only working port is in Kuwait , there is only one major road heading to this port, all equipment going onto the ships must be inspected, cleaned, and packed. They can only handle a set number each month.
O could withdrawal the troops quickly, but do you really want all of our equipment; its more than just weapons, all the support stuff & supplies, too, left in Iraq.

wkmac

i don't think Obama will do it any quicker. He does not want to be the guy that screwed up Iraq because he pulled out too quickly.

I agree also with that observation. But I think what get's lost in the Iraq deal is understanding that the Obama plan from everything I've read does not and never has meant a full and complete withdrawal of ALL US troops from Iraq. We will scale down but there will still be maintained a large force over there in a similar way as we have in South Korea, Japan or other global digs as a result of previous US military engagements/conquests.

Jimmy Carter in 1980' declared the US intent of protecting this region (Persian Gulf) and it's vital interests (oil) as it pertains not only to the US but the old alliance of the post WW2/cold war era in the form of NATO. Iraq is very much a part of that equation and I see nothing to change that, whether it be democrat or republican. Love him or hate him, a lot of Middle East military policy today is a legacy of Jimmy Carter and his declaration of the Carter Doctrine in the 1980' State of the Union speech.

George W. Bush's Iraq War, while duplicitous in many respects, is actually the culmination of twenty-five years of U.S. policy to ensure continued domination of the Persian Gulf and its prolific oil fields. In fact, it was a natural expression of the Carter Doctrine. Enunciated by then-President Jimmy Carter in his State of the Union speech in January 1980, the doctrine defines Persian Gulf oil as a "vital interest" of the United States that must be defended "by any means necessary, including military force." Seen in this light, Bush Jr. was merely applying the doctrine when he invaded Iraq in 2003. He's not the first. President Reagan cited it to justify U.S. intervention in the Iran-Iraq War of 1980-1988 to help ensure the defeat of Iran. President Bush Sr. invoked it to authorize military action against Iraq in 1991, during the first Gulf War. And Bill Clinton, though not explicitly citing the doctrine, adhered to its tenets.

So the use of force to ensure U.S. access to Persian Gulf oil is not a Bush II policy or a Republican policy, but a bipartisan, American policy.

https://web.archive.org/web/2014070...com/Oil_watch/Carter_Doctrine_Global_Oil.html

Back in April of 08' Reuters reported this http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/04/21/idUSN21470705 concerning Gates and Iraq troop levels and then in 2007' via Fox News, again Gates commented regarding longterm US presence in Iraq http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296955,00.html and with Gates now working for Obama, I see nothing that would even remotely suggest that ALL US troops will come out of Iraq in some 16 or so month timeline.

I still believe that the choices Obama has made in picking heads to run his gov't that as some observers have stated, "Obama Term 1 will in appearance and policy look like Bush Term 3" and I'm still in complete agreement with that observation!

wkmac

Mac,
Good point about the Gulf of Tonkin incident, some things never change do they?
click
Leaders lie, and the "free press" dutifully reports those lies as fact. And the public?
"We Americans are the ultimate innocents. We are forever desperate to believe that this time the government is telling us the truth."

Jones,
I know what I'm about to say will not sit well here among this crowd but I'm gonna say it anyway. I believe when the US Navy had the recent confrontation with Iranian patrol boats (something on the scale of bass boats) that was so exploited in the American media by our gov't that this was Gulf of Tonkin attempted again. Thankfully the Iranians didn't take the bait and do something stupid and better yet we have the internet and they video'd the deal from their end and posted it on You Tube.

Now, I don't believe the ship's commanders came up with this whole deal themselves but rather were following orders originating from civilian heads and passed down through higher military commanders who are out for their own careers instead of honoring their oaths to protect and defend this country and the Constitution of the US. They placed these naval vessels and their saliors in direct harms way to create a situation just so civilians would gain political advantage in a political situation.

I don't give damn what party you are, that is dead wrong and I'll call it that all day long and not bat an eye saying it. It's hard enough to have our brave men and women in harm's way when it all for the right reasons but to do so for political gain re-affirms my belief that both political parties are nothing but cess pools of the lowest forms of human excrement!

I would agree based on the USS Cole incident that these small crafts be taken serious but from everything I see, this situation was never near the level as it was originally reported by the gov't via the media and thus it's only real purpose was for emotional effect for political purposes.

It also begs the question, if they will exploit this about Iran, what else have they exploited?

Logistics.
The only working port is in Kuwait , there is only one major road heading to this port, all equipment going onto the ships must be inspected, cleaned, and packed. They can only handle a set number each month.
O could withdrawal the troops quickly, but do you really want all of our equipment; its more than just weapons, all the support stuff & supplies, too, left in Iraq.

I knew it was a lie when he said it. He will not have any control over the war. He will only be told what to do by the generals in charge.

diesel96

Why are we still in Iraq? Obama said he would withdrawal immediately.

Please share your sources where he said immediate withdrawal. This should be interesting.

WKMAC, I'm glad you brought this to our attention. I've heard this reported I believe on BBC while at work early morning and never heard much about it afterwards.
You can expose the realities of our involvement in the Middle East until your blue in the face. Unfortunately, it does not register to many here due to selective hearing. It's amazing how many don't trust our Gov't and her spenditures by extending it's arms to safeguard the public, but when it comes to our security and military intel available to the media, how dare we question this past administration's integrity. Now when the tables are turned, all Patriotics bets are off, doubts are already being casts towards the Obama Administration 24/7 365. Hopefully, a more tranparent governing approach will surface. If not maybe that wet dream of a Kucinich/Paul ticket doesn't sound to bad in 2012. :surprise: But lets not hope for failure like some of the Ditto Heads here. I know you don't agree with either party, and feel this new administration will be "monkey see monkey do" as the previous administration, but oh well, life isn't fair, but maybe it will improve....:peaceful: