When do they schedule impairment rating?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I was rolling a dolly to hook up to my front box. Right before I dropped it on the hook, one of the tires hit a rock, and the dolly spun to one side, pinching my hand between the dolly handle and pintle hook.
Oh man…that had to be painful as hell when it happen. One of the reasons I use a lined glove that cover the wrists. Not like they would have stopped an injury like yours but they somewhat protect from minor bangs and pinches. We have so many drivers who wear no gloves or the cheap gardening type.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Oh man…that had to be painful as hell when it happen. One of the reasons I use a lined glove that cover the wrists. Not like they would have stopped an injury like yours but they somewhat protect from minor bangs and pinches. We have so many drivers who wear no gloves or the cheap gardening type.
I was wearing leather gloves. I knew it was bad, and I didn't want to see it. Another driver came over and he looked at it and immediately called dispatch. I was taken to the ER, and it was then that I took my glove off for the first time. My thumbnail stayed in the glove and my thumb looked like a mashed grape. Nurse told me that I was in luck, that the best plastic surgeon on staff happened to be there.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I was wearing leather gloves. I knew it was bad, and I didn't want to see it. Another driver came over and he looked at it and immediately called dispatch. I was taken to the ER, and it was then that I took my glove off for the first time. My thumbnail stayed in the glove and my thumb looked like a mashed grape. Nurse told me that I was in luck, that the best plastic surgeon on staff happened to be there.
Damn…sounds terrible.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Damn…sounds terrible.
Funny thing is, it didn't hurt at the time. I actually fell asleep waiting to see the doctor. They didn't give me any meds till I saw the doctor. He told me it happened so fast, the nerves in my hand were in shock. The pain came afterward, when I had to keep my hand elevated 24/7. I think I was off 6-7 weeks.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Funny thing is, it didn't hurt at the time. I actually fell asleep waiting to see the doctor. They didn't give me any meds till I saw the doctor. He told me it happened so fast, the nerves in my hand were in shock. The pain came afterward, when I had to keep my hand elevated 24/7. I think I was off 6-7 weeks.
Did your nail ever grow back or do you have like a zombie thumb now…

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
The doctor wasn't sure if it would grow back or not. Luckily, it did grow back. My thumb is forever crooked, but unless you're looking for it, you wouldn't notice.
1704148021332.png