How's the view???........

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One of the best parts about my time spent on active duty was being able to see many of the aircraft that have been mentioned up close.

The A-10 was a beast.

My favorite was the B-1.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Growing up in an Air Force family, I got to see a ton too, just never an A10

I was going to list the ones that I have seen but I think the shorter list would be the ones that I haven't.

I used to love the air shows until I realized that the Monday morning after a show was spent doing a FOD (Foreign Object Damage) walk from one of the flight line to the other.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
When I was a kid about 10 or 11 went to an air show.
They had a c-5 Galaxy with the nose open got to walk around inside. I couldn't believe something that bigcould fly. At the end of the day it got ready to leave at lift off it looked like it was barely moving
Some things you don't forget

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
20160826_133105.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They had a c-5 Galaxy with the nose open got to walk around inside. I couldn't believe something that bigcould fly. At the end of the day it got ready to leave at lift off it looked like it was barely moving

I was in my early 20's when I saw my first one up close and I was equally amazed.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
You should check out the Spruce Goose at the Evergreen Aviation Museum in McMinnville, OR. The have a DC-3 parked UNDER one the of the wings.