HR asked me if I wanted to go cover driving. Questions?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by synystergates, Apr 19, 2011.

1. synystergates

synystergates Member

I have an appointment for a road test tomorrow. But the thing is, I've already taken the drivers training course amd I've had my DOT card for about 3 years now. Do I really have to go to another hub and do this? I forgot to mention to HR that I've already done all that stuff.
  2. synystergates

synystergates Member

No one can give me any pointer?
  3. klein

klein Für Meno :)

Driving tests are done all the time... next one in probably 6 mths from this one !
  4. synystergates

synystergates Member

Thanks for the reply. I was just hoping that they were sure that I took the classes and have my DOT so I wouldn't have to go through that BS again.
  5. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Tell them you have your card already.
  6. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Three times I moved, three times road test (so far) lol
  7. Just Numbers

Just Numbers Retired

That BS may just save your life someday....better rethink your comments regardless how great of a driver you think you are.
  8. hondo

hondo promoted to mediocrity

Tip: Look for an expiration date on that DOT card you've had for 3 years.
  9. packageguy

packageguy Well-Known Member

Did you get your DOT phyical, that lasts 2 years. Good luck, lets us know what happens
  10. synystergates

synystergates Member

Thanks guys.

I passed my road test this Wednesday and now I'm waiting on HR. Yes I got the DOT physical last year and HR called me this morning about filling out an application and going in to sign some documents. So hopefully all goes well and I can get a full time driving job.

If it seems like I'm full of myself I'm sorry, but I didn't want to have to jump through all these hoops again because I've already been driving for the company and they just failed to remember I have all my credentials. I don't really know how our HR can not know certain things about their employees.